First Balisong Complete!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
#1 Finished Up!

5160 Blade
Big!
Titanium Frames

Handmade Glow Spacers! They glow brighter than anything I know of and I made the material from scratch.

1233467_228681343951345_677216998_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, looks beefy! How's it feel?

Solid! It feels nice, very smooth with authority.

It is a big knife for sure, I did as much metal removal in the right spots as possible, deep hollow grind and a serious fuller.

The fuller doubles as a cup in survival situations. :D

Daniel, I can honestly say that is the most BA looking bali I have ever seen in my life!

That is what I thought. Just wanted to cover the bases. Nice looking knife Daniel.

Is the whole tip polished? I mean where it curves back on top of the spine to the "battle finish"?? I assume it is polished, but the curvature makes it hard to understand O_O so does the ___! :D

Seriously Dan that's a home run. Great job :)
Thanks! :)

This! ^
What's the BL and will you offer a tanto?
Real long... hopefully! :D

Where did it say GAW? If so im in (if allowed). Nice looking piece!
We were just kidding but thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Daniel, I can honestly say that is the most BA looking bali I have ever seen in my life!
Thanks! I was going for a combo of super gnarly and refined. :D

Sorry to tell ya' Farchyld was just making a joke. No GAW :(
"Wait a minute, there's no birthday party for me here!"

That is what I thought. Just wanted to cover the bases. Nice looking knife Daniel.
Much appreciated!

Is the whole tip polished? I mean where it curves back on top of the spine to the "battle finish"?? I assume it is polished, but the curvature makes it hard to understand O_O so does the ___! :D

There is a clean transition there to the battle finished spine. I say spine... the top swedge is almost sharp. Most of my swedges leave lots of metal behind them but this is a real fighter swedge.

Battle finish, I like it! 5160 gets the best forge finish... the finish is as tough as it gets. I don't know of anything harder to grind.

The spacers glow... awesome in the dark flipping! I made the glow spacer material myself from scratch.

1233467_228681343951345_677216998_n.jpg

That is seriously bad arse! So how many cuts have you got so far??

That is seriously bad arse! So how many cuts have you got so far??

Thanks! Crazy enough this one hasn't gotten me yet but I'm not the best flipper... have kept it simple so far.

I left a finger width at the ricasso for tricks and safety, that area is nicely rounded also.

Much appreciated!:D

Back