First Day of Christmas Deals

Very nice steel! I love all the pictures of the deep-belly knives.
Nice cat too!

lol yeah Isis my kitty (no relation to the JV team) could not help but get in on the pic. I love the deep bellied style and am a sucker for some of these "low end" other countries utility knives.

Plus how could I not put the Gopte through the extreme cut test of bacon.

The 'rough' knives are fantastic. Also, I couldn't help but notice a fantastic album of "Russian Pb Dispenser" pics.

You have furs and stuff too?

Yup on russian unfortunately that is on there as I moved to Communist Ny so I posted pics to sell it unfortunately that was a few years ago, I do commercial trapping as well as recreational and I put up all my own fur and tan as well. right now I am getting ready to pickle a buck (5 pt) I just took this sun last day of the season, I skinned him out head to toe and will have him finished in a few weeks. I have beavers coon pheasants geese etc just another hobby with lots of toys.

My 20" Chainpure arrived today. It feels light and fast in the hand. And the wooden scabbard is beautiful.

Last edited:
Wow that Chainpuri is outstanding! Gorgeous and I love those carved wooden sheaths.

Red Eagle: That is awesome! Especially tanning your own stuff, furs and whatnot. I am very interested in the process. I always wanted a nice pelt for the wall, maybe you are the guy for the job?

I'm 'behind enemy lines' too, maybe we are neighbors? :D

Hold me mommy, I'm skeered of the slide racker myself.

He looks plumb angry. Where's my typewriter from Chicago.

Wow that Chainpuri is outstanding! Gorgeous and I love those carved wooden sheaths.

Red Eagle: That is awesome! Especially tanning your own stuff, furs and whatnot. I am very interested in the process. I always wanted a nice pelt for the wall, maybe you are the guy for the job?

I'm 'behind enemy lines' too, maybe we are neighbors? :D

Im in Syracuse, and have 62 acres near boonville, my little paradise in the middle of the woods. I started tanning my own stuff 5 years ago and anything I kill I eat and tan just my way of honoring their life, makes life more enjoyable knowing I can do this. tanning is not hard just a bit of a learning curve and tons of hard work.

Hey, new guy here. Long time lurker, first time buyer. I spent the last week reading through all the safety & maintenance information, as well as the history and philosophy of HI and I finally pulled the trigger. I loved everything I heard and the rhododendron was just calling to me (my state flower as well as Nepals national flower). It arrived today and I couldn't be happier. Great knife and great service.
IMG_20161224_100651700_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161224_192524858_HDR.jpg

Sure pretty wood. A little fine sanding and some linseed rubbed in and now and then and it will get better and better if that's possible.

Congratulations on your first, probably of many.

Dude! That is some pretty wood! and an awesome al around blade! Like Mr. B said! Little fine sandpaper and oiling up and that baby will show you some colors you never thought youd see! Grats Sir! Makes me want to dip into the Rhododendron honey:D

Hey, new guy here. Long time lurker, first time buyer. I spent the last week reading through all the safety & maintenance information, as well as the history and philosophy of HI and I finally pulled the trigger. I loved everything I heard and the rhododendron was just calling to me (my state flower as well as Nepals national flower). It arrived today and I couldn't be happier. Great knife and great service.
IMG_20161224_100651700_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161224_192524858_HDR.jpg

Welcome, congrats! Beautiful khukuri.

Back