Fishing, 2019

Don't think I've ever seen a white perch. Are they as good eating as the yellow perch? Where are they? Nice fish.

Yes they're good eats. While called white perch, they're actually not a perch at all. They're in the same family as white bass, striped bass etc. This one was caught in New York.

Went ice fishing for char and rainbow.

DSCF3426-XL.jpg

Nice rainbows and char. These ones are 17 to 21 inches.

DSCF3425%20%282%29-XL.jpg

Here's the ones we kept.

DSCF3428-X2.jpg

Ready for the fry pan

DSCF3427-XL.jpg

Here's what they were eating. They were full of these snails.

We picked up a used Old Town Saranac 146 today and took it out for a spin. Didn't catch anything (I had two that I thought were good, but they didn't make it in the boat!) but had a good time and am ready to get back out there! I'm in the back...
Bruce

IEW0yqo.jpg

We picked up a used Old Town Saranac 146 today and took it out for a spin. Didn't catch anything (I had two that I thought were good, but they didn't make it in the boat!) but had a good time and am ready to get back out there! I'm in the back...
Bruce

IEW0yqo.jpg

Very cool, looks like everyone had a blast. Nice looking family. This is a fishing thread not a catching thread so your post is in exactly the right place.

Very cool, looks like everyone had a blast. Nice looking family. This is a fishing thread not a catching thread so your post is in exactly the right place.

Thanks! I have no doubt that I will be posting to this thread soon with a saltwater catch, as we all really liked where we took the canoe out in this pic! I have been fishing since I was a toddler, but 98% of it has been freshwater, so I am still figuring out this saltwater thing!
Bruce

Going out Friday on a friends boat to Santa Cruz and Anacapa Islands. Hopefully some Sea Bass and Cod. Will post pics when we get back ;)

Is that a big Brookie, how big? It's pretty hard to tell the lakers from brookies when they get big and the tail is altered.

Delayed reply, lol. There's no deep fork in the tail fin, so it can't be a Laker. ;)

Delayed reply, lol. There's no deep fork in the tail fin, so it can't be a Laker. ;)
Yeah, I'm aware of that. The reason I asked was because that fishes tail had been somewhat shredded, making it harder to tell. Thanks

This weekends char, rainbows and land locked silvers on midges and snails.

DSCF3640-XL.jpg

DSCF3639-X2.jpg

DSCF3629-X2.jpg

DSCF3645-X3.jpg

DSCF3644-X2.jpg

It was sunny and 50 degrees. Caught a 20 fish on Fri and 12 on Sun. the biggest was a 21 inch char. Lots of fun

53YoBpU.jpg

Some of the best eating around these parts

Very nice, I'm more than a tad jealous! :thumbsup:

So, what's up with that Caribbean? Dye the G10? :cool:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. The reason I asked was because that fishes tail had been somewhat shredded, making it harder to tell. Thanks

Ah, I see, I didn't realize that. Looked like the bottom of the fin had been clipped (some of the hatcheries here do that), and that's what you were referring to.

Yes indeed. Good ol Rit gets the job done.
The Caribbean is the folder I always reach for whenever I'm headed out to the water. That LC200N is a great steel.

Gl09Wxz.jpg

Turned out great! :thumbsup: I'll be doing a couple of my Jade knives (PM2 and Shaman) soon.

Guess I should throw a couple fishing pics from earlier this year in this here thread so I stay on topic... ;)

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

I'll be fishing open water on that same lake from the boat tomorrow! Ramp opens at 6:30 in the morning! :D

A few others while I'm at it. We had some great ice fishing here this season! Some epic days for Kokanee, Lake Trout, and panfish/Walleye. Last day on the ice for me was Friday, and now it's open water season down here on the front range of CO. A few more weeks of safe ice in the mountains, but I don't expect to get back up there.

Great day of Kokanee for our group (couple trout too)
IMG_3679.jpg

Dinky eye
IMG_3717.JPG

Decent White Crappie
IMG_3862.JPG

Pig of a Bluegill
IMG_3863.JPG

Decent Sauger
IMG_3864.JPG

OK 'Bow
IMG_3865.JPG

Back