Five Best Looking

black mamba

Gold Member
John's thread, Top Five Traditionals, asks for your five most used EDCs. In this thread, I want what YOU think are your five best looking traditional knives. Knives that when you look at them, you just think, "Man, what a gorgeous knife!" If at all possible, let's not completely leave out fixed blades, they can be beauties, too. Here are mine:

I have to include one synthetic handled knife, and this Sword Brand jumbo stockman is it.
YSETVNY.jpg

Another stockman, this Boker from the mid 1970s just has the most glorious jigged bone to my eye.
zB7IfRO.jpg

AOmxoZV.jpg

This Doug Campbell hunter is my fixed blade entry, with terrific Damascus, horn, and attention to detail.
CH259iU.jpg

This one is my favorite Forum knife, the Saddle Trapper from 2012.
7I3h4ya.jpg

And the last is my all-time favorite, the red stag Northfield #72 lockback.
ik0xkG4.jpg

F4fMtyY.jpg

Good thread Jeff :thumbsup: Your top 5 are all beauties, particularly the Campbell hunter, well done knife:thumbsup:

John's thread, Top Five Traditionals, asks for your five most used EDCs. In this thread, I want what YOU think are your five best looking traditional knives. Knives that when you look at them, you just think, "Man, what a gorgeous knife!" If at all possible, let's not completely leave out fixed blades, they can be beauties, too. Here are mine:

I have to include one synthetic handled knife, and this Sword Brand jumbo stockman is it.
YSETVNY.jpg

Another stockman, this Boker from the mid 1970s just has the most glorious jigged bone to my eye.
zB7IfRO.jpg

AOmxoZV.jpg

This Doug Campbell hunter is my fixed blade entry, with terrific Damascus, horn, and attention to detail.
CH259iU.jpg

7I3h4ya.jpg

ik0xkG4.jpg

F4fMtyY.jpg

YSETVNY.jpg

zB7IfRO.jpg

AOmxoZV.jpg

CH259iU.jpg

7I3h4ya.jpg

ik0xkG4.jpg

F4fMtyY.jpg
Wow! That saddle trapper is fantastic! Great top 5 you have there.

Always in a pocket or pouch. Waynorth Ancient TC Barlow15A2_pate-cornichons.jpg

This one never leaves my purse, wrapped in soft corduroy pouch 25 unicorn ivory
25-rosbif.jpg

Little Canadian, used everyday, the slicer
BRK_LittleC_salade.jpg

never far from my hand, as good for beer as for cork
Pilsen.jpg

A lot of memory in my mother's grandfather's Aurillac, which he brought when he came to Parisian suburb
Aurillac_Calepin.jpg

Tough call but I reckon these are my 'Handsome 5'...

View attachment 1498866
Case/Bose Coffin Jack, GEC Northfield UN-X-LD #76 Western Outlaw, Northwoods Presidential in mammoth, GEC Tidioute #55 Hound Tooth in Mexican Bocote, QCC #51T in D2 and Birdseye maple
I love the look of the Presidentials. I wish GEC would make something like that again as well.

Okay, here's the five knives that I (currently) find to be the most beautiful in my collection...

GEC Templar #48 in Black Micarta

GEC #76 recovered in Ebony with Sword Shield

Nice Stag on this #33 with pinched/lined bolsters

Case/Bose Cattle... maybe not the most beautiful but it's expensive. ;)

And can't forget Skoll, a Jack Black SFO Lamb... can you see the wolf in the Ironwood grain?

Last edited:

YSETVNY.jpg

zB7IfRO.jpg

AOmxoZV.jpg

CH259iU.jpg

7I3h4ya.jpg

ik0xkG4.jpg

F4fMtyY.jpg

That Doug Campbell Hunter is a beauty. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Always in a pocket or pouch. Waynorth Ancient TC BarlowView attachment 1498775

This one never leaves my purse, wrapped in soft corduroy pouch 25 unicorn ivory
View attachment 1498787

Little Canadian, used everyday, the slicer
View attachment 1498811

never far from my hand, as good for beer as for cork
View attachment 1498812

A lot of memory in my mother's grandfather's Aurillac, which he brought when he came to Parisian suburb
View attachment 1498818

Love those TC Ancients! :cool:

Back