Five Best Looking

Okay, here's the five knives that I (currently) find to be the most beautiful in my collection...

GEC Templar #48 in Black Micarta

GEC #76 recovered in Ebony with Sword Shield

Nice Stag on this #33 with pinched/lined bolsters

Case/Bose Cattle... maybe not the most beautiful but it's expensive. ;)

And can't forget Skoll, a Jack Black SFO Lamb... can you see the wolf in the Ironwood grain?
I think my absolute favorite slipjoint pattern just may be the half whittler, and I think that stag #33 there just may be the most beautiful half whittler I've ever seen.

Heres my top 5.

if I could have an honorable mention it would have to be my GEC H20, it only missed out because it's beauty is in function and simplicity.
It lacks any additional unnecessary touches towards aesthetic, and while that's not a bad thing I do also appreciate knives that are slightly less bland sometimes.
Maybe some day I'll have to get some more striking scales put on it.

Couldn't pick the "best"... just too subjective but here IMO are five good looking knives. :)
quD2rzD.jpg

apAw8JZ.jpg

1GonJ6o.jpg

tmrDK1w.jpg

WMIL47O.jpg

Thanks to all who liked my five. Calvin is right about it being stressful, ask me again next week and they could all be different, except for the red stag #72 -- it's in permanent first place. Everyone was playing so nicely until Augie had to start up the "Wayback Machine" and put us all to shame! The glow of that old jigged bone is something very, very special. I'm very pleased to see Joshua post that beautiful mosaic green synthetic fixed blade, it's a stunner. I will cheat (after all it's my thread! ;)) and add a sixth, with a nod to celluloid.

Schrade Walden #295K dogleg jack in butter & molasses celluloid (Schrade called it K-Horn Celluloid)
H0H9CrX.jpg

CP5vdCR.jpg

I returned to traditionals about 14 months ago, so I don't have a huge number and my list may change with the next knife I get. As of today, I'd have to say the five I feel are the best looking of my batch are below: Boker Barlow Expedition brass and green canvas micarta, Laguiole Fontenille Pataud in desert ironwood, Boker Boxer in desert ironwood, Arno Bernand Meerkat with warthog tusk, and the Case Bose Tribal Lock pocket worn jigged bone.

original.jpg

Last edited:
I returned to traditionals about 14 months ago, so I don't have a huge number and my list may change with the next knife I get. As of today, I'd have to say the five I feel are the best looking of my batch are below: Boker Barlow Expedition brass and green canvas micarta, Laguiole Fontenille Pataud in desert ironwood, Boker Boxer in desert ironwood, Arno Bernand Meerkat with warthog tusk, and the Case Bose Tribal Lock pocket worn jigged bone.

original.jpg

That Boker Boxer is a very handsome knife and one I've had my eye on. Can you share some of your thoughts on it?

A very handsome fivesome, OHD, you're off to a very good "homecoming" with traditional knives.

Thanks - glad I came home. :D

That Boker Boxer is a very handsome knife and one I've had my eye on. Can you share some of your thoughts on it?

Mine has good fit and finish, not really seeing any issues other than minor pickiness like a couple of barely visible slivers of light between the liners and lock metal. No nail nicks, but pinches open with no issues, locks tight with a very positive snap. Lock was a bit on the tight side to release, but with use has become better - stiff but not excessively. No issues with the edge. Size is good for my hands, but just a bit large for what I want to pocket carry these days, I would consider it more of a belt knife. I really like the design, and the desert ironwood on mine is beautiful.

I don't have the ability to pick my top 5 so I'll go with 5 that would all be in the running :thumbsup:

I love coke bottles :)
TTEyui2.jpg

q5Qp8Iy.jpg

I like folding hunters :thumbsup: and stag:D
TSiESn0.jpg

There's no bone like old bone. I never get tired of that saying.
MwNSx7l.jpg

Last but not least, I must represent pearl. You have to hold a pearl knife to appreciate it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
T0fJwqo.jpg

John's thread, Top Five Traditionals, asks for your five most used EDCs. In this thread, I want what YOU think are your five best looking traditional knives. Knives that when you look at them, you just think, "Man, what a gorgeous knife!" If at all possible, let's not completely leave out fixed blades, they can be beauties, too. Here are mine:

I have to include one synthetic handled knife, and this Sword Brand jumbo stockman is it.
YSETVNY.jpg

Another stockman, this Boker from the mid 1970s just has the most glorious jigged bone to my eye.
zB7IfRO.jpg

AOmxoZV.jpg

This Doug Campbell hunter is my fixed blade entry, with terrific Damascus, horn, and attention to detail.
CH259iU.jpg

This one is my favorite Forum knife, the Saddle Trapper from 2012.
7I3h4ya.jpg

And the last is my all-time favorite, the red stag Northfield #72 lockback.
ik0xkG4.jpg

F4fMtyY.jpg
Come on Jeff !!! I mean , really ???? That is like asking me which of my Great Granddaughters , I have 6 , are the prettiest . But this will be fun anyhow .

And the list could go on for me .

Harry

Back