Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

All very nice combos friends 👍
Real pleasure to see various patterns and styles... many thanks for sharing.
Translucent Mystic Green Manix 2 & Buck 102 Woodsman.

View attachment 1574102

jOuGemB.jpg

BRKT mountain man, Emerson super cqc 8 & Benchmade loco!!!!View attachment 1575180

Love the woods man!!!! And how does lugging A fixed blade around work for you????

A fixed blade coming with me is convenient and natural, as I’ve carried a fixed in one form or another since probably age 6-7 or so. To me it’s been the sheath that is just as important if not more important than the knife itself. Since my hand injury I’ve even become more particular in what is acceptable vs ideal. Too many additional factors come into play depending upon the environment, weather conditions, clothing worn or being used, along with how I plan on putting the said knife to use or will it just accompany me just incase.

There are a couple members here that I’ve eyeballed time and again at the skill/work they do making a sheath. I will hire one or both of them down the road and finally have a quality custom sheath made for a few of my favorite fixed blades. What a joy that will be to not only look at the sheath, but to experience the quality and firm retention, along with the comfort level and ease of use I can experience with a custom vs afterthought store accessory.

I’m very particular on how well a knife will feel and be useable in my hand. These are some real beautiful knives out there, however that’s about it, they are pretty, just not practical for me. However a good/great sheath can make a knife an absolute joy to carry.

That’s a pretty loaded question you asked, with a ton a variables thrown into the mix too. I can though honestly say that I would feel naked and feel that I’m missing something if I didn’t have at least 1 fixed blade at the ready, but more likely a minimum of 3 on even a day trip. They all serve a purpose such as hunting or fishing, even just working on the back 40 calls for a variety at any given time. Then we break it down by size and species, work to be done, along with the environment I plan on being in.

Of course I will also pack a complete extra set for each extra person coming together with me/us too, cause other than immediate family, who knows what, if at all they will decide to bring. Some bring nothing, some bring junk designed to hurt them or maybe even me, and some are prepared. It’s always better and easier time/safety wise to have and not need than to need and not have.

Sorry I was so long winded, but in this thread I figured it would be more acceptable to be able to give a more in depth answer, as we have a bit more time here to stop and smell the roses so to say, thanks to Arian29 Arian29 .

A fixed blade coming with me is convenient and natural, as I’ve carried a fixed in one form or another since probably age 6-7 or so. To me it’s been the sheath that is just as important if not more important than the knife itself. Since my hand injury I’ve even become more particular in what is acceptable vs ideal. Too many additional factors come into play depending upon the environment, weather conditions, clothing worn or being used, along with how I plan on putting the said knife to use or will it just accompany me just incase.

There are a couple members here that I’ve eyeballed time and again at the skill/work they do making a sheath. I will hire one or both of them down the road and finally have a quality custom sheath made for a few of my favorite fixed blades. What a joy that will be to not only look at the sheath, but to experience the quality and firm retention, along with the comfort level and ease of use I can experience with a custom vs afterthought store accessory.

I’m very particular on how well a knife will feel and be useable in my hand. These are some real beautiful knives out there, however that’s about it, they are pretty, just not practical for me. However a good/great sheath can make a knife an absolute joy to carry.

That’s a pretty loaded question you asked, with a ton a variables thrown into the mix too. I can though honestly say that I would feel naked and feel that I’m missing something if I didn’t have at least 1 fixed blade at the ready, but more likely a minimum of 3 on even a day trip. They all serve a purpose such as hunting or fishing, even just working on the back 40 calls for a variety at any given time. Then we break it down by size and species, work to be done, along with the environment I plan on being in.

Of course I will also pack a complete extra set for each extra person coming together with me/us too, cause other than immediate family, who knows what, if at all they will decide to bring. Some bring nothing, some bring junk designed to hurt them or maybe even me, and some are prepared. It’s always better and easier time/safety wise to have and not need than to need and not have.

Sorry I was so long winded, but in this thread I figured it would be more acceptable to be able to give a more in depth answer, as we have a bit more time here to stop and smell the roses so to say, thanks to Arian29 Arian29 .

I hear you brother. Nothing worse than a crap sheath. Can put a great blade in the shitter! There are many talented people here so I expect you'll be a happy camper!

Hello gents, we’re among friends here 👍
Very well put as a thread to “stop and smell the roses”... like that a lot 😍

Cheers

I hear you brother. Nothing worse than a crap sheath. Can put a great blade in the shitter! There are many talented people here so I expect you'll be a happy camper!

Back