Fixed blades

Ooj8b8.jpg

Do you sell your knives? I see you post pics of your knives. I’ve seen a few others post pics of your knives. I’ve never seen one posted for sale.

Yes, a few knives of mine are getting out there.
I've been blessed with having a good amount of support, and people liking my work.
I'm really thankful for everyone here. I didn't expect others to want my knives, as much as that has happened, because they are pretty Crude looking. All I see are the scratches and dings. Wonky edges. Slowly I'm getting better. But still I warn people that they are all handmade and Not perfect. I usually say Not to buy my knives. Ha.

I don't really make many sales posts. I have a Makers membership, so I can do it openly, but I just dont....I paid for that extra amount because I wanted to show actual support for the forum. Because I like it here and believe in it. I know some known makers sneak/scab sales under the table, and I didn't want to be like That!

It's funny though, I don't really like selling my knives. I usually miss them, and regret doing it. A little. I tell myself that if the other person likes them then it's worth it..... But I still feel weird doing it. I just really like knives, and I want to make others happy too! And letting something go that I like, I keep telling myself that I can just make another one. ;) I am trying to step up my work, and I am doing larger batches getting sent off For heat treating, so I have blanks and options of various steels now to work with.

For now, people contact me privately and we talk about if I'm interested in their request. If it fits my ideas of what a knife is, what I like, what they want, and what my capabilities can handle, and their time lines? I've turned down a few offers, and I'll recommend them other makers who might be a better fit. I don't like certain features that are popular now, and I won't work with certain materials. So sometimes I'm just not the right Maker for a build.

I'm slow to make things. I'm currently making stuff for people who asked before X-Mas. I don't like being in a hurry.

I don't so much have a work order, as I'm doing This mostly for fun. So I have a request list that I add people to. I sometimes skip around and make knives that I want.
Currently, since I finished that red handled one "No Love"
I'm making a few kitchen knives.
Then some choppers, more edc, & camp knives, then idk?
I have a post in the Traditional area with a bunch of my work. Early to semi recent. It shows my progress. Let me know If you have any more questions?

*Sorry for the babble, hopefully this might give a glimpse?

Thanks for your intrest.

*Edited to add knife picture of today's kydex build.... carried at 5 O'clock edge forward

Last edited:
Bill Siegle “Mikes Knife”. Was a pattern Mr Siegle designed for his nephew prior to his deployment. That particular knife is .25 stock, tapered at both ends and slabbed with vintage micarta. Good size to actually carry, not big or small - great 1 am dog walking tool.
Have to keep my eyes open for one. Bill makes some cool looking Bowie style knives.

Unexpectedly I became the proud owner of a stunning bowie by the dutch blade smith Toni Oostendorp (ABS JS)

The knife was made in 2005/2006. It's made out of 1.2210 (Silver steel) with a gorgeous hamon. Handle is made of stabilized beech wood, guard and pommel are stainless. Blade is tapered towards the tip. The whole knife measures 37cm (14.5"), with a 24 cm (9.4") blade, 7mm (0.275") thick at the spine near the guard.

Packaged in a perfect fitted leather sheath from Savage Sheaths.

AP1GczOHGnb5Iig7htgy09hSKW0TYUBUy1w1_iLkxMgCuLlULGHYfhkO0WM0rQBXxeeeobz49aTzGjAwtiD3CERET3ZQN5ZnQZgFdynJs6x4Elv9G1RaGcov=w900

AP1GczN84wTOTDskXYz7ml4z5IRQ3uKOh6LBvNdhepgs9BegGpNm9f35CBivlWJduly-gtdgMW63btimnRSBhHD-CtbUuq4ctwmGwMdX_hm76xqB38yrN4P0=w900

He uses a different logo these days than the one on here
AP1GczNgV6oeduHDj2ui23-ko-K9xTMdDt4E8TOZp7dgaPMZx8JRAj71bW_5zvmO594znUfGXzN2Ld4WKjLkOIrybz9J_QSJWC0i9aKt7DSQzZPulVV0dv79=w900

AP1GczMZ_5v4Hy4aON78lyHHmGZ7DAogApBO-7P7TCD-xndmFeoxBcSLj6d50r58vP77w48xDb5J2xxpKpPiZlMu3Y66_A55afar1duE9v0ptXtL8P1MnMh3=w900

Tried to capture its beauty as good as I could, but my photo skills just don't do it enough justice.

Last edited:
Unexpectedly I became the proud owner of a stunning bowie by the dutch blade smith Toni Oostendorp (ABS JS)

The knife was made in 2005/2006. It's made out of 1.2210 (Silver steel) with a gorgeous hamon. Handle is made of stabilized beech wood, guard and pommel are stainless. Blade is tapered towards the tip. The whole knife measures 37cm (14.5"), with a 24 cm (9.4") blade, 7mm (0.275") thick at the spine near the guard.

Packaged in a perfect fitted leather sheath from Savage Sheaths.

AP1GczOHGnb5Iig7htgy09hSKW0TYUBUy1w1_iLkxMgCuLlULGHYfhkO0WM0rQBXxeeeobz49aTzGjAwtiD3CERET3ZQN5ZnQZgFdynJs6x4Elv9G1RaGcov=w900

AP1GczN84wTOTDskXYz7ml4z5IRQ3uKOh6LBvNdhepgs9BegGpNm9f35CBivlWJduly-gtdgMW63btimnRSBhHD-CtbUuq4ctwmGwMdX_hm76xqB38yrN4P0=w900

He uses a different logo these days than the one on here
AP1GczNgV6oeduHDj2ui23-ko-K9xTMdDt4E8TOZp7dgaPMZx8JRAj71bW_5zvmO594znUfGXzN2Ld4WKjLkOIrybz9J_QSJWC0i9aKt7DSQzZPulVV0dv79=w900

AP1GczMZ_5v4Hy4aON78lyHHmGZ7DAogApBO-7P7TCD-xndmFeoxBcSLj6d50r58vP77w48xDb5J2xxpKpPiZlMu3Y66_A55afar1duE9v0ptXtL8P1MnMh3=w900

Tried to capture its beauty as good as I could, but my photo skills just don't do it enough justice.

Nice grab!!! He makes some really great designs!!!!!! He has a signature look too on most of his fixed blades I've seen........This is definitely an early make!!!!!!👍👍👍

Any meals.coming up with this!!??????😉

Yes, a few knives of mine are getting out there.
I've been blessed with having a good amount of support, and people liking my work.
I'm really thankful for everyone here. I didn't expect others to want my knives, as much as that has happened, because they are pretty Crude looking. All I see are the scratches and dings. Wonky edges. Slowly I'm getting better. But still I warn people that they are all handmade and Not perfect. I usually say Not to buy my knives. Ha.

I don't really make many sales posts. I have a Makers membership, so I can do it openly, but I just dont....I paid for that extra amount because I wanted to show actual support for the forum. Because I like it here and believe in it. I know some known makers sneak/scab sales under the table, and I didn't want to be like That!

It's funny though, I don't really like selling my knives. I usually miss them, and regret doing it. A little. I tell myself that if the other person likes them then it's worth it..... But I still feel weird doing it. I just really like knives, and I want to make others happy too! And letting something go that I like, I keep telling myself that I can just make another one. ;) I am trying to step up my work, and I am doing larger batches getting sent off For heat treating, so I have blanks and options of various steels now to work with.

For now, people contact me privately and we talk about if I'm interested in their request. If it fits my ideas of what a knife is, what I like, what they want, and what my capabilities can handle, and their time lines? I've turned down a few offers, and I'll recommend them other makers who might be a better fit. I don't like certain features that are popular now, and I won't work with certain materials. So sometimes I'm just not the right Maker for a build.

I'm slow to make things. I'm currently making stuff for people who asked before X-Mas. I don't like being in a hurry.

I don't so much have a work order, as I'm doing This mostly for fun. So I have a request list that I add people to. I sometimes skip around and make knives that I want.
Currently, since I finished that red handled one "No Love"
I'm making a few kitchen knives.
Then some choppers, more edc, & camp knives, then idk?
I have a post in the Traditional area with a bunch of my work. Early to semi recent. It shows my progress. Let me know If you have any more questions?

*Sorry for the babble, hopefully this might give a glimpse?

Thanks for your intrest.

*Edited to add knife picture of today's kydex build.... carried at 5 O'clock edge forward
I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, it is so refreshing to hear your honest opinions on your own work, and ideas about knives in general. I like how you are at a point where you can just experiment and try new things in your designs and workmanship without being tied down to orders and too long of waiting lists, as I have seen other makers get backlogged and still keep people waiting for their orders. I think your growing reputation and those of us who like your work will ensure a buying market for your knives even if you just release them as you want and what materials you decided to use. Just a note of encouragement and why I like your designs. Have a great day!!

Back