Fixed blades

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas, it is so refreshing to hear your honest opinions on your own work, and ideas about knives in general. I like how you are at a point where you can just experiment and try new things in your designs and workmanship without being tied down to orders and too long of waiting lists, as I have seen other makers get backlogged and still keep people waiting for their orders. I think your growing reputation and those of us who like your work will ensure a buying market for your knives even if you just release them as you want and what materials you decided to use. Just a note of encouragement and why I like your designs. Have a great day!!

Wow..... That's Super kind of you to say!!!
Thank You for taking time out of your day to give me a Smile......

I could talk Forever on knife design.... (and I actually don't know Anything) that's my little secret.
I don't know how to make knives, and I certainly don't know how to design them!

I just really Love knives, and I make them the way I feel is right. What I want them to be.
I have a strong machining background. I think that helps quite a bit even though I'm not milling anything, I have alot of the basic fundamentals and understanding of making stuff. How parts fit together, etc.
But with knives, I'm self taught.
And fortunately I've met some Very helpful people here. Generous with their time & knowledge who I look to and see as mentors. and for inspiration.
Some of those people have stopped making knives, so I feel like I kinda Have to. Somebody Needs to.

It's funny.... In my head I have a list of knives that I want to make.
But if I make them, then Who are they for? Are they Mine, do I give them away, or do I sell them? Hard to know? It's a bit of stress making a knife for Me, I should be doing something else....

I know as makers get more well know and in demand, they tend to not take custom orders anymore. It IS alot more work.
But I like doing them because then I know right from the start that the knife isn't for me, or a missing unknown person. I know where it's going. I know it has a home. I like that....... That's kind of a good feeling making it actually For someone. Haha....
& I still don't see myself as a knifemaker yet...... idk how many that number is, or If I'll obtain that level, idk?
I guess I'll just keep making them as long as people keep wanting my work. It's exciting balancing the workload, I probablly will slow down saying Yes to some requests. I have maybe a dozen, maybe two..... I really only think about the top 3-5 on the list at any given time. It feels great finishing up my work sending it on.... That red chili powder micarta knife "No Love" model is going home to its new owner today. A real Fun Knife.
I hope to make more of them.

Thanks again for All the encouragement.

(now I gotta get back to working on Martin's Knife)

Nice grab!!! He makes some really great designs!!!!!! He has a signature look too on most of his fixed blades I've seen........This is definitely an early make!!!!!!👍👍👍

Any meals.coming up with this!!??????😉
Not sure if this beauty will ever get used by me. Tempting, but its really too nice... Feels awkward for me...

A Cowboy handled in sheep horn with green liners:

XxVhlez.jpg

U88Vmc0.jpg

z3HR3nn.jpg

Wow..... That's Super kind of you to say!!!
Thank You for taking time out of your day to give me a Smile......

I could talk Forever on knife design.... (and I actually don't know Anything) that's my little secret.
I don't know how to make knives, and I certainly don't know how to design them!

I just really Love knives, and I make them the way I feel is right. What I want them to be.
I have a strong machining background. I think that helps quite a bit even though I'm not milling anything, I have alot of the basic fundamentals and understanding of making stuff. How parts fit together, etc.
But with knives, I'm self taught.
And fortunately I've met some Very helpful people here. Generous with their time & knowledge who I look to and see as mentors. and for inspiration.
Some of those people have stopped making knives, so I feel like I kinda Have to. Somebody Needs to.

It's funny.... In my head I have a list of knives that I want to make.
But if I make them, then Who are they for? Are they Mine, do I give them away, or do I sell them? Hard to know? It's a bit of stress making a knife for Me, I should be doing something else....

I know as makers get more well know and in demand, they tend to not take custom orders anymore. It IS alot more work.
But I like doing them because then I know right from the start that the knife isn't for me, or a missing unknown person. I know where it's going. I know it has a home. I like that....... That's kind of a good feeling making it actually For someone. Haha....
& I still don't see myself as a knifemaker yet...... idk how many that number is, or If I'll obtain that level, idk?
I guess I'll just keep making them as long as people keep wanting my work. It's exciting balancing the workload, I probablly will slow down saying Yes to some requests. I have maybe a dozen, maybe two..... I really only think about the top 3-5 on the list at any given time. It feels great finishing up my work sending it on.... That red chili powder micarta knife "No Love" model is going home to its new owner today. A real Fun Knife.
I hope to make more of them.

Thanks again for All the encouragement.

(now I gotta get back to working on Martin's Knife)

All I heard was "Thank you... ...I hope to make more of them..." 😛

Back