Fixed blades

An interesting rasp knife, in for a new sheath:

7dUs2bl.jpg

a6FwYm7.jpg

xoikteW.jpg

And one of mine in for some rehab after 5 years or so of constantly daily carry and use by a guy in the trades. Whats of interest here is this is one of probably only 2 or 3 knives that I used G10 on. Mostly I'm just a natural handle materials guy. I tightened the Horizontal sheath and restitched the belt loop, I fixed the tip as it had been used to pry and buffed the gunk off of the copper bolster:

h24xPe6.jpg

gxhcfpA.jpg

hc22qnx.jpg

Here's the guard fit up on an M7. People ask questions about guard fit and soldering a lot.

I haven't silver soldered many guards in the last couple of years just because the cleanup and everything adds more time to it and it is very difficult if not impossible to repair in the future if there is ever any damage.

I haven't used a file in years to fit a guard, hopefully I'll keep the streak alive.

LHHT2th.jpg

sqsQlGf.jpg

s55yIPI.jpg

Sam⚔️⚔️

Here's the guard fit up on an M7. People ask questions about guard fit and soldering a lot.

I haven't silver soldered many guards in the last couple of years just because the cleanup and everything adds more time to it and it is very difficult if not impossible to repair in the future if there is ever any damage.

I haven't used a file in years to fit a guard, hopefully I'll keep the streak alive.

LHHT2th.jpg

sqsQlGf.jpg

s55yIPI.jpg

Sam⚔️⚔️

That's why its called precision engineering!😜 Right Sammy!!!!!👍👍👍

LHHT2th.jpg

sqsQlGf.jpg

s55yIPI.jpg

Sam⚔️⚔️

Incredible work, Sam.

That M7 is my jam. ❤️

That Wenger pilot is so sleek!

Thanks. I agree.

They're really fantastic knives. If you're looking for something in that style, the Pilot makes an excellent choice. They ain't cheap, but are worth the price of entry, in my humble opinion. Beyond that, Dave is now producing them in 3V, which I always thought would be the perfect steel for that particular knife.

Two more fixed blades arrived today. I have enough bigger fixies, and I do like ones that can slip into my front pocket (or leave all over the house where I might need one).

The MKM is a better choice for pocket EDC, because the sheath on the Buck makes the whole package a bit bigger and longer; although the Buck feels very nice and fits my hand really well. If I stack the two knives on top of each other, the buck is approx 0.5" - 0.75" longer, but in the sheath it's over 2" longer.

* MKM David C Anderson design - Tango 2 in Magnacut and Red Burlap Micarta - Thanks @Gary W. Graley !
* Buck Knives Blade of the Month April 2024 Fixed Blade Model 152 in S35VN and Ebony

0ncxYjc.jpeg

1lmHe8U.jpeg

d2MW2gE.jpg

lT3cMsp.jpg

BTsRc8N.jpg

idsMUqe.jpg

HGmtzwu.jpg

wTu9Kym.jpg

0sWO4D2.jpg

zP466L6.jpg

Two more fixed blades arrived today. I have enough bigger fixies, and I do like ones that can slip into my front pocket (or leave all over the house where I might need one).

The MKM is a better choice for pocket EDC, because the sheath on the Buck makes the whole package a bit bigger and longer; although the Buck feels very nice and fits my hand really well. If I stack the two knives on top of each other, the buck is approx 0.5" - 0.75" longer, but in the sheath it's over 2" longer.

* MKM David C Anderson design - Tango 2 in Magnacut and Red Burlap Micarta - Thanks @Gary W. Graley !
* Buck Knives Blade of the Month April 2024 Fixed Blade Model 152 in S35VN and Ebony

0ncxYjc.jpeg

1lmHe8U.jpeg

d2MW2gE.jpg

lT3cMsp.jpg

BTsRc8N.jpg

idsMUqe.jpg

HGmtzwu.jpg

wTu9Kym.jpg

0sWO4D2.jpg

zP466L6.jpg

Love that Buck!

I wished I'd scored a 101 when they were still producing them.

Back