flea market finds

I know that John and a lot of others here enjoy finding new "toys" at flea markets so I thought I would share my haul from the weekend.

4964455526_76f2374e04_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

It sure is. I tried walking away from it but was haunted for a few hours and had to go back to buy it. I forgot to include the Griswold skillet that I also got.

I never find good blades in flea markets. I must have bad luck. I do usually find some good fishing tackle though.

Thanks for the comments. I'm surprised no one asked about the thrower. We played with it some yesterday and could get a cracker to 50 yards or so. I am now ready to go back to shooting skeet.

nice finds, but i'm at a loss for what the widget is between the books and the slipjoints.

Thanks for the comments. I'm surprised no one asked about the thrower. We played with it some yesterday and could get a cracker to 50 yards or so. I am now ready to go back to shooting skeet.

ahh... nevermind.

Nice Score.....I recently posted a similar thread in the General Discussion showing some knives that I scored upon. Others posted some other great knives as well.

I am a yard/sale flea market junkie as well.......There are lots of gems to be had at great prices !!!

I have always loved flea markets and garage/yard sales, had some good luck over the years.....here's some recent finds

Eye Brand Stockman

DSC03681.jpg

DSC03685.jpg

Posted these before. Hammer Brand and Imperial Cub Scout knife

DSC03640.jpg

DSC03644.jpg

I have some other stuff that I will snap pics of.....

Looks like a lot of us did the same kind of thing this past weekend. I found this 80#, 5 1/2" post vice for $20. Works great and nothing is missing or broken.

picture.php

Jeff

Looks like a lot of us did the same kind of thing this past weekend. I found this 80#, 5 1/2" post vice for $20. Works great and nothing is missing or broken.

picture.php

Jeff

I don't think I have ever seen one of those before. Looks great for $20:thumbup:

I don't think I have ever seen one of those before. Looks great for $20:thumbup:

I haven't found any markings on it yet. Maybe after I get it cleaned up. From the little bit of research I did, it looks to be from the mid to late 1800's. Most of these things never did have a maker's mark, but were sold almost as a commodity and identified only by the weight and width of the jaws. Like you said, to good to pass up for the price.

Jeff

That's a great find. The flea market we went to was for the long weekend and covered a huge area(more than you can see in one day). The one thing that we try to not do is buy anything heavy when we're too far from the car.

picture.php

Jeff

Here are my finds from yesterdays road trip with Connie.

Buck 301 with yellow handle and 1989 date code.

23gzrm0.jpg

1942 edition of a book called "We Took To The Woods" which looks pretty interesting.

vzfq5x.jpg

Old Roy Baker pancake holster for a .45 auto. I actually bought one of these back in 1976 for my first .45.

207rx9y.jpg

And my favorite, a Tops Big Boy bank!

2z53mkk.jpg

Last edited:
My brand new (it still has the cardboard tube in the battery compartment) Rayovac Sportsman flashlight ($3) and 1991 Buck 525 ($4) from yesterday.

ngtvz9.jpg

o8ib2d.jpg

Back