Flick or Slow roll? What are your preferred way to open your CRK?

How do you disengage your CRK

• Flick

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Slow roll

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • Depends on the CRK (requires explanation)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Both

Votes: 20 17.2%

• Total voters

Kmikaz3

Gold Member
Just out of curiosity, do you flick your CRK or prefer slow roll? My sebbie, i prefer to flicked open and so my Zaan. But for some reasons, my Inkosingo, i prefer to slow roll it with KPL heavy on it, kinda even more addictive that a flick.

I flick even if it against the warranty.... how about you?

Last edited:
I voted flick but my thumb actually stays in contact with the stud the whole way. Flick roll?

I slow roll all my CRKs. I like the feel of the Inkosi the best. I’ve used nano oil 10, 85, and grease. I’ve mixed them before as well. Anymore I just use the CRK grease. I’ve used TW Bravo 25 also (I think that’s what it’s called)

I voted flick but my thumb actually stays in contact with the stud the whole way. Flick roll?
I do that too when the flick fail to open the blade all the way through :D

I slow roll all my CRKs. I like the feel of the Inkosi the best. I’ve used nano oil 10, 85, and grease. I’ve mixed them before as well. Anymore I just use the CRK grease. I’ve used TW Bravo 25 also (I think that’s what it’s called)
Agreed on the Inkosi!!! Just discovered that i preferred slow roll when i tried for the first time with KPL heavy today.... some addictive stuff right there!

Agreed on the Inkosi!!! Just discovered that i preferred slow roll when i tried for the first time with KPL heavy today.... some addictive stuff right there!
I’m assuming it’s bc of the twin big washers. Just a guess

I’m assuming it’s bc of the twin big washers. Just a guess
I don't know maybe it the anatomy of the knife itself... it helfty to begin with, in hand, with natural micarta, i kinda like it holding it in my hand, so there's that. Then it disengages a bit more easily than other CRK but that could be psychological. But yea, maybe the spaces in the humongous washers hold more oil than usually. I don't could be all psychologic.

Slow roll with all my Sebenzas. They cost so much money, I hate slamming my stop pins and mine probably wouldn’t do it very well anyway with the fluronated (so?) grease on the washers.

My Spyderco PM2s, however? Front-fore-finger flick, always. It’s satisfying to do and the easiest.

Both for me. I probably do the slow roll more often because there is something very satisfying about the click it makes when locking open and when closing the blade.

Lol, i started to lean towards slow roll ever since i got KPL heavy. Used to use KPL original for faster action and flickability but things will start to change here :cool:

Back