? For the big Vic lovers

Lee D

BANNED
Obviously we all love SAKs and multitools, but I’m curious…how many here can honestly say they could carry a big heavy Vic every day in their pocket?
I absolutely love the amount of tools (as well as the larger locking blade) the Hercules provides, but good grief it’s a monster. Im going to give it another shot next week. I’ll definitely be wearing a belt to keep my britches up 😂

Last edited:
My biggest SAK I've edc'd for a long term was the Explorer. Once I retired, I went with 2 layers.
I did carry the Exp on my belt.

I carry a 91mm Mountaineer SAK for years, and do find the tools and weight quite adequate.

111mm Trekker is one of my favorite go to for hiking, and Outrider is heaviest I am willing to carry for a 111mm. But if I were to carry something as heavy as Hercules(or Workchamp), I'd much rather to switch to a Swisstool Spirit, since it is only 1oz heaver than Hercules but has more tools to offer. YMMV.

16320649974241878409979.jpg
I got a swisschamp in the beginning of July (I think). It lived in my bag for a couple of weeks, then I found that while working I was always going to get it because it had something I needed. While I'm working I carry it in a belt pouch, but at home/not working I carry it in my pocket. My Duluth cargo shorts have a small pocket in the bottom of my right hand pocket that works really well keeping it upright and comfortable.

The Hercules and Outrider sing to me every time I’m thumbing through the Victorinox website, but I know I wouldn’t carry them with any regularity. My GAK pockets easily with the SwissBianco clip, but I’m thinking the four and five-layer knives would be too much to comfortably ride in the RRP all day. If I used belt sheaths/pouches, I’d probably already have a Herc.

I like 'em big SAKs but I can never justify one since I prefer my SwissTool if I carry anything heavier.
My Hercules has spent it’s life in a sheath on my Junglas, but I’ve made up mind…my ST300 is going to fill that role (it never gets used except camping trips anyway) and I am going to squeeze the the big Vic into my rotation. 😉 If it becomes a burden sitting at the bottom of my pocket I can always make use of one of my Lynch NW danglers. I’m gonna say it…SAKs are cooler than multi-tools…fight me.

Back