For the love of Blueberry, Brisket Rub, Tsunami, and Starry Night

I was blithely and happily ignorant of Blueberry burlap until two days ago when I spy a beauty of a little Solo in the Marketplace.

Oh
My

The Solo was a model that I had not previously considered obtaining - just "too small," or so I always thought. Well, regardless, I had to have that handle and just hoped I would like the lil' beauty in hand.

Boy do I ever! The blueberry is out of this world - can't stop looking at it. And this was one of those cases where my well-considered thoughts regarding a model and size were incorrect. Very incorrect. This little beauty fits in-pocket like a dream and definitely cuts bigger that 2.75". I thought the handle a "tad chunky." Again, so very wrong. It is a diminutive knife - and the "chunky" handle (which looks much more elegant in hand) makes it easy to hold onto and manipulate in use. Sometimes you just gotta hold and use to fully "get it."

But that blueberry? Did I yet say I like blueberry?

And it is not just me. Everyone in my family thinks it the most handsome knife handle I have yet showed them (and there have been "a few").

I have admired from afar the few Starry Nights that have come up (ever so briefly before being swiftly grabbed) but have been unsure whether the material would appeal in hand. Now I am pretty sure I have to have one of those, too!

- and then I am told about other "family" "micarta's" such as Brisket Rub and Tsunami. I hit the search engine and now find that I have more knives to hunt down . . . .

Thank you Fiddleback Forge! (I think)

Pic to follow momentarily.

If anyone is so inclined - please post your pics of FB's in Blueberry/Starry Night/Brisket Rub/Tsunami!

That is an awesome combo! Hard not to just stare at it and of all of the solos that I have seen thus far that one is by far my favorite.
Oddly enough my favorite handyman is also blueberry. I'll play, here is a picture from a while back.

Thanks, David (as well as a huge thank you for the actual Solo! :thumbsup::p). Yes it is indeed hard not to stare - especially with that cross cut bolster and pin combo as you so ably point out. However, I betcha that it will look just as good cutting up a bunch to stuff and I plan to put her to work!

Thanks for adding the great pic of your lovely Handyman above = fantastic! :thumbsup:

I am going to post a pic next of a spectacular stonewashed Bushraptor with unbolstered Tsunami. Very cool.

If anyone happens to know about that knife I would love to hear. Would love to track one down like that!

I am really digging those Blueberry Burlap scales. Since you asked here is a pick of my Starry Nights..

UT5hjKh.jpg

Link to a post that includes a Brisket Bushfinger that I still have but also has a great example of handle thickness variation.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...olution-thread.1222600/page-122#post-17881898

At one point, I scarfed up ALL the Brisket Fiddlebacks except for one I missed out on and was somewhere between 8-12 Briskets. I scaled those back along the way so now they're scattered about. Wish I would have kept some though. I did also buy the last two blocks of that particular Brisket material from Shadetree but never did get around to using them for anything. Need to dig those out and put my hands on them.

Dang it, now I really miss my Briskets!! That Blueberry looks sweet though :thumbsup:

Link to a post that includes a Brisket Bushfinger that I still have but also has a great example of handle thickness variation.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...olution-thread.1222600/page-122#post-17881898

At one point, I scarfed up ALL the Brisket Fiddlebacks except for one I missed out on and was somewhere between 8-12 Briskets. I scaled those back along the way so now they're scattered about. Wish I would have kept some though. I did also buy the last two blocks of that particular Brisket material from Shadetree but never did get around to using them for anything. Need to dig those out and put my hands on them.

Dang it, now I really miss my Briskets!! That Blueberry looks sweet though :thumbsup:

Thanks, Warrior! I appreciate the pics and that is a stunner of a Bushfinger in the provided link. Whew! Man, wish you had taken a pic of those 8-12 Briskets all in a row- that would have been cool! Interesting re those blocks of Brisket you have - if they are just collecting dust and without plans, it would be great if they somehow ended up at the FB shop . . . .

Glad you like the Blueberry, too. Great stuff!

I am really digging those Blueberry Burlap scales. Since you asked here is a pick of my Starry Nights..

UT5hjKh.jpg

Thanks, Moosedog, and glad you like. THAT is a fantastically beautiful pic you posted there. Whew! I love both those knives and handles. The Toboggan is similar to the Starry Night I have seen to date. I have not seen the "less gold/more green" shown that comprises your scales on the bottom knife. More subdued. One might say, sublime. I might say sublime!

I've been wanting some Starry Night for a long time. Every time it comes around I'm either too slow or way too late seeing it. I'm in for a group buy! Great idea Jeff!

I too been waiting for something in Starry Night for a while. I would be so IN on a group buy.

Like others here, I would also be very much interested if a group buy were to be available. That being said, however, my impression is that these are materials are being produced in very limited quantity at present, if at all. On the flip side of that though, is that who were fortunate to acquire knives made with these materials own something with an ongoing element of rarity to it as well artistic beauty.

Back