Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

Here's a little Case Executive I picked up during a Black Friday sale:

u9EzzfA.jpg

I like this Rough Rider lockback trapper!

Ed J
I hope yours was better than mine. I had to toss it in the trash because the lock didn't work and the fit and finish was horrible. I could have sent it back to the store but didn't think it was worth the hassle for a 12 dollar knife.

I hope yours was better than mine. I had to toss it in the trash because the lock didn't work and the fit and finish was horrible. I could have sent it back to the store but didn't think it was worth the hassle for a 12 dollar knife.

I don't have one. I'm sorry that yours was unsatisfactory. Maybe I'll hold off until I can find one to check it out before purchase.

I spent quite a while going thru this thread and it has been a great experience. I believe I've got a couple that will help fill out a couple of thin spots. I'll try to get photos after I get back from the dentist, weather permitting. I have really enjoyed the thread, so please accept my thanks to the OP who started the thread and all that have posted. Some really fine knives in this thread.

Ed J

Last edited:
Does that knife date to 1976? I am not completely familiar with Gerber knives, but I always thought that the blade grind with a definite transition shoulder at the ricasso dated to the 1980s at the earliest.
Could be. I have nothing technical to go on. I never tried to research it deeply. It once had a broken pin in the sheath that was shaped like a brass '76. So after just simple google skimming, found that they made this model that year and completely assumed. I wasn't around then. Lol.
You've already told me more in your post then I ever researched on it, so I'm sure you are correct.

Back