Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

My current selection of lockbacks from the 1970s and 1980s. That's enough traditional lockback hunters there to last me a lifetime already. But I think there is still room for a nice Gerber and a Schrade there.

fEhFB5K.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll go ahead and say it again, I sure wish Kershaw would go back to their roots. A reissue of those Lockbacks in modern steels would be really cool.

Yes, AUS8 was probably quite the hot stuff 40 years ago, same as 440C which many folks still like a lot - myself included. But an updated steel would be mandatory today, as the knife afis now would see AUS8 as extremely pedestrian. Mind you, I don't think Kershaw will be bringing back the Folding Field anytime soon - the 1050 was in the lineup for thirty years and it was the knife everybody wanted but few bought. When I was was a kid in the eighties, I remember lusting after one - no way to afford one, ever! Only got mine this year, one of the longest waits I've ever experienced. :D

Just scoured this entire thread for the first time. It has everything; classic working grade, beautiful “pocket jewelry”, rare collectibles...great thread. Here’s a few of mine that hopefully add to conversation.

Rough Rider - don’t know the model. Impulse buy during a job assignment.

R0SzT77.jpg

GEC Wall Street in stag.

1h113F0.jpg

GEC 72 Grizzly Cut

rYGixOH.jpg

Back