Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

Good eye! You and I have similar tastes. I've been pondering that bog oak Damascus for a long time now.

I wasn't able to find much on it either. I've probably watched the promo vid on it a couple of dozen times tho.
Neat, yeah, a looker for sure. I watched the Boker video too.
I'd really like to get a feel for one in-hand.
It's a bit on the large size but might be ok.

I haven't handled either, but, based on my experience with Moki, the fit and finish on that Clio will be first class.

Yes, I agree. I have a Moki Kronos lockback and it's absolutely first-rate :thumbsup:
Beautiful picture of that Boker Boxer by the way.

I had a Moki Calliope that was very similar to the Clio in your post. It was a tight knife and very well constructed. I only sold it because at the time it was too fancy for me to carry.
View attachment 1270001 View attachment 1270002 View attachment 1270003

Yes, thanks for chiming in. I think the Calliope is the same size and blade shape as the Clio.
How'd you find the size of it? It's a bit smaller than I usually carry, but I am now in a job where a smaller blade is looking more desirable (co-workers, etc).

Yes, thanks for chiming in. I think the Calliope is the same size and blade shape as the Clio.
How'd you find the size of it? It's a bit smaller than I usually carry, but I am now in a job where a smaller blade is looking more desirable (co-workers, etc).

The size was spot on for me. Both handle and blade length were just about perfect for my preferences.

Here's an in hand pic that might help with gauging the size.
Moki 5.JPG

Railsplitter Railsplitter

Thanks,glad to hear your thoughts. It looks pretty good :thumbsup:
Yup, gotta get me a Clio. A Damascus blade is a need I want to fill. It's something my collection is lacking.
Gotta sell a couple from the drawer ;)

1979 Schrade LB7 with serial number I picked up a couple years ago.

2RfUTbc.jpg

8Ggt1N8.jpg

Back