Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

A few GEC lockbacks.
0BGadIF.jpg

5G717LG.jpg

7qXqYP9.jpg

5C528Br.jpg

y1MBye7.jpg
That's a really nice bunch of GEC Lockbacks. :cool::thumbsup:

xJI66Fb.jpg

LWfOeEU.jpg

6tPu7vg.jpg

My only lockbacks so far: Buck, Case, and some no-name junk made you know where. Going to add a Buck 110 soon.

Edit: got this one too:
SZaHdzH.jpg

Buck makes great lockbacks.
Buck certainly does make nice lockbacks.While not quite as solid and refined as the classic, the 110 light is hard to beat.
CuBtPBN.jpg

I actually prefer the stone wash finish on the blade on these. And 20 bucks for a good USA made knife is hard to beat,imho.

I looked through every page of this thread to see if my favorite was posted. Since I didn't find it I'll drop a couple of pics in.

I've never been a fan of single bladed knives but I do appreciate a good lockback. That got me looking around a while back for a multi blade lockback.

I discovered the Camillus 716.
Here's one from the Yello Jacket line. They are 4 1/2" closed with blades just a hair over 3 1/2".
snZJFJkh.jpg

The Western version of the 716.
kfl8ecCh.jpg

The locking/release mechanism is very unique to this knife and created difficulty in production according to what I have read elsewhere. If your interested in how they were made look up patent # 5,044,079. There is a stag version created for I think the 115th anniversary of Camillus which I hope to pick up someday.

Here's another double lockback trapper from Moore Maker, made for them by Bear/MGC if I have my information correct.
It uses the standard lockback setup and supposedly hase carbon blades but I have yet to see them patina no matter what I use it on. It's just a hair over 4 3/8" closed with 3 1/2" blades.
Decent knife for a user but getting hard to find. Mine came with the Moore Maker branded sheath.
ZY3w92kh.jpg

- posted this the other day in another thread, a recent acquisition.

We're not allowed to carry lockbacks in UK without good reason, however, I had to have it, such a lovely design, and for a production knife, a great job by Boker

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg
This one speaks to me :cool:
What's that particular model, Sir?
And what is the wood?

Back