Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

"They only let you have plastic scissors in there, and plastic scissors aren't nearly sharp enough."
Avengers, "House of Cards"(?)

That's a bit of a derailment; be back with a lockback pic.
f8gydcU.jpg

Last edited:
Mighty fine...wow !!!!
+1!!!!!!!! Good Grief that thing is fantastic!!!!!

You gents are very kind, but of course Frank Centofante's work is worthy of any accolades. One of the great ones!

I had a small Gerber lockback similar to this but with abalone scales, a cherished daily carry gifted by my brother for being best man at his (first) wedding, then one day nearly 30 years ago it slipped out of my pocket without me knowing. Even now it heats me up to remember that knife and my frantic looking for it. Ah well ...

Love lockbacks! My small accumulation so far. Ft : a GEC Missouri Trader, Solingen Diefenthal I just got and is very nice, couple Buck 110s my one that I grew up packing and this fancy rosewood s30v version, then the Schrades grandpas 7ot and my favorite the LB7 I think it’s just a bit above the 110. It’s off for some carved amber stag bone covers 36A439B5-88B9-43A9-830F-CA0502808951.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, how did I miss this thread? I love my lockbacks. Couple of my favorites. Boker Scout Cronidur that I carried yesterday.

20190709_070848.jpg

New to me Kershaw #4932 Rhinelander. Kershaw only produced this knife for two years, 1986 and 1987. Was lucky enough to buy one in 1986 after my junior year in college. It was stolen about 3 years later and I've missed it ever since. Not a lot of info available on these knives. But, after much research (including a couple threads on BF), consensus seems to be they were built by Anton Wingen Jr. at the same time they were building fixed blades for Kershaw. Big, solid, well made knife. Makes me want to grab my bow and go find a feral hog ;)

20190708_170714.jpg

I always thought that Kershaw was a Puma "inspired" knife. Never saw a German one before this, sweet knife. Other versions with cheaper covers were from Asian countries.

Tecnocut’s Viper Knives “Quality” model … Feather Series. This is the largest in the feather series. Blade is 3 inches. Each of the scales has a resin encased jay feather.

vh0P5Kt.jpg
I have been looking at those for months! My resistance is waning! Nice!

I have been looking at those for months! My resistance is waning! Nice!

Gary ... all I can say is I like this one! Mike's ( @knifeswapper ) prices on these are great. Mine did come with a few small issues (really non-issues for me). Pivot screws needed to be adjusted and thread locked for my personal taste. Pile side back screw was a little too long and making contact with the back spring (making the bottom end of the pile side cover not rest flush with the frame. Was easy to file the screw down a little to make it fit flush. Lastly, if the blade was dropped too hard, edge would contact with the back spring. I did what I normally do with my friction folders and Le Thiers knives (which all exhibit this behavior). Applied a small piece of epdm patch (the stuff I use to patch small holes in my pond liner) to the underside of the back spring. Problem solved and don't have to worry about dulling the blade by closing it too hard. Glad I finally got off my duff and got one. Have been wanting one for a long time.

Back