Forum rules and philosophy revisited.

Titanic II is a 1968 model double wide mobile home. Rent space is about $400 per month and includes everything but gas.

Ben, I ran out of baling wire so I got rid of the 1980 Toyota a year or two ago and upgraded to a 1997 Ford Taurus but I still have the 1972 El Camino. I'm still wearing my 15 year old Penny Loafers and still have my Dingo boots I bought in 1972.

....and a fortune tucked away in a Swiss bank account so when you hit 80 you can start living the high life.

:D

Bill Martino said:
Titanic II is a 1968 model double wide mobile home. Rent space is about $400 per month and includes everything but gas.

Ben, I ran out of baling wire so I got rid of the 1980 Toyota a year or two ago and upgraded to a 1997 Ford Taurus but I still have the 1972 El Camino. I'm still wearing my 15 year old Penny Loafers and still have my Dingo boots I bought in 1972.

Hey, believe it or not you have a hidden asset there Uncle Bill. That El Camino would fetch a premium price here in Salinas or Watsonville. Parted out I bet you could get more for it than when it was new! '73-'80 Monte Carlos as well are worth their weight in Gold. Hey, man "they're Chevvies!", so are "primo coches y muy deseable!" :D

Regards,

Norm

Whoa there Svashtar, I wasn't questioning what UB does with any of his money. But the subject did come up when I was mentioned UBs first trip to BirGhorka. Something about how he sells khuks in the states then sends the money back to nepal, and bura's response to gelbu's unannounced visitor.
I didn't post any question about what UB actually does with his money. I wasn't even discussing Bill's financial decisions. I was just telling my dad what the, so far $120, that I have spent on these knives actually does.
I'm sorry if I nicked a nerve there but I believe that you misinterpreted what my meaning was.
But you are right about the El Camino. Depending on what condition it's in that could be a very valuable car.?

elcamino.JPG

Actually, the El Camino really is worth some cash. It has a 402 cid big block and I hear there were less than 200 made with the big block. I special ordered it from factory and got exactly what I wanted. Think I paid $3550 for it. Still got the original bill of sale.

We have the classic car show here in Reno in August called Hot August Nights and a fellow who brought 3 or 4 60 to 80 thousand dollar classics was looking at my El Camino and told me it was probably one of 20 or 25 still on the road -- and asked me if I'd be interested in selling it. Still has original alternator and heater hoses on it. 217,000 miles. Has a Holley double pumper and will probably still outrun 90% of the cars on the road in a quarter mile.

I've been threatening to bring it back to original but I ain't got a garage here at Titanic II and I hate to leave a $2500 paint job sitting under a car cover.

Don't paint it. Don't fix it. It will get stolen.

If I recall correctly, they had a uni-body frame and all of them in the mid-west that got winter salt on them rusted through.

er...how, exactly, do you know that it will beat 90% of the cars on road today? hmmmmmmmm? ;)

Kis

"how, exactly, do you know that it will beat 90% of the cars on road today?"

Experience. Ever heard of the little old lady from Pasadena? Well, I'm the little old man from Reno.

Bill Martino said:
I'm the little old man from Reno.
I really like the imagery that's playing in my head from this line....:D

yoippari said:
Whoa there Svashtar, I wasn't questioning what UB does with any of his money. But the subject did come up when I was mentioned UBs first trip to BirGhorka. Something about how he sells khuks in the states then sends the money back to nepal, and bura's response to gelbu's unannounced visitor.
I didn't post any question about what UB actually does with his money. I wasn't even discussing Bill's financial decisions. I was just telling my dad what the, so far $120, that I have spent on these knives actually does.
I'm sorry if I nicked a nerve there but I believe that you misinterpreted what my meaning was.
But you are right about the El Camino. Depending on what condition it's in that could be a very valuable car.?

Sorry Yoippari. Didn't mean to lecture you or go off on a rant. And maybe I was reminded of my own father who undoubtedly would have said something very similar if I mentioned someone like Uncle Bill to him. No harm, no worries, and no offense taken or intended.

Regards,

Norm

ta bill i had to join up again and will post with more thought from now on. regards :) ken

....and a fortune tucked away in a Swiss bank account so when you hit 80 you can start living the high life.

Money, or no money, Uncle Bill is a rich man.

n2s

Svashtar said:
All I can say is that if Uncle Bill is out solely to enrich himself, then he's doing a damn poor job of it.......

Norm,

I know that you did not mean it this way, but I consider Uncle Bill one of the richest men I have ever known. Perhaps not in material possessions, but in friends.

I have been blessed with what the world would call considerable wealth, but I do not have friends to the extent and depth of the people who love Uncle Bill so profoundly, maybe two people love me that way and one of them is my wife, Anne.

For others I must always wonder if those people who call me "friend" do so because they mean it, or are they looking for a handout?

There is no question about the love that people feel for Uncle Bill. Given freely because of who he is and what he does. Mostly becasue of who he is.

Uncle Bill is one of those rare individuals whose dharma (duty) corresponds so beautifully with his "job." AND he understands that very well.

"No man is poor when he has friends."
----------------- It's a Wonderful Life.

Uncle Bill,

I know that you are in pain, weak and suffering. I hurts my heart to see you so. I know that one day you must leave us.

You will be missed, but I know that you will be happy for eternity when the lover and the Beloved truly and completely become One.

Sat chit ananda, (Perfect absolute bliss)
Bill Marsh

Hey Bill...you're rich? It doesn't matter...I like you through your posts, so sit down and visit more often.

FWIW, I've made serious plans for my headstone. It won't say "Here lies Nasty, got an education and did pretty well". It'll say, "Here lies Nasty...children and small animals loved him."

Nasty said:
Hey Bill...you're rich? It doesn't matter...I like you through your posts, so sit down and visit more often.

FWIW, I've made serious plans for my headstone. It won't say "Here lies Nasty, got an education and did pretty well". It'll say, "Here lies Nasty...children and small animals loved him."
...and his Brothers. ;)

Back