Found in parking lot

The previous owner of that knife was probably heartbroken when they realized it was gone.

I had two, one was stolen. Sickening feeling. Still have the other though. Been safe guarding it since but recently I've been thinking about sending it to benchmade and getting a new blade put on it ( it's got serrations and I hate them) and start carrying it. I hate the idea that it'll just live in a drawer.

Small world, I was born and raised in Yakima. That knife might very well have Hepatits, AIDs or any form of STDs, I’d be very careful!
Googled:
How many days that these std viruses survive in the outside environment like in semen, blood, Water, toilet and toilet water/paper, razors, tooth brush, floors etc and what if you touch those viruses from environment mentioned and kept your hand in mouth/nose/ears/eyes/penis/anus etc, do you get infected with any STDs ?

Answer:

We do not see sexually transmitted infections (STI) passing the way you describe.

The bacteria and viruses that cause most of the sexually transmitted infections (STI) do not survive for long when they are out of the body. We also find that you need to come in direct contact with the STI when having sex by either coming in contact with sexual fluids while having sex or from direct skin to skin contact with the person’s genitals.

Please leave a comment to let us know if this answers your question or if you need more information.

Health Nurse

Get a large bottle of bleach from the dollar store and go to town on that sucker.

Yeeech....I collect antiques from around the globe....imagine what some of these knives have been through over ten or more generations of owners. It's a good thing that I am not a germaphobe.

n2s

Last edited:
Isn't Yakima a famous knife making town in Japan? I'm confused. It does have an attractive handle.

It very well could be, in fact i think ive heard about that before. However i found this in yakima, Washington, which is not known for its knife making, but rather for being a pretty shady place.

Btw if anyone knows if/where they sell shirts with the palm springs of Washington sign on them, id be happy to hear it. Would totaly buy one, ive always thought it would be so funny to have a shirt with that sign on it!

Googled:
How many days that these std viruses survive in the outside environment like in semen, blood, Water, toilet and toilet water/paper, razors, tooth brush, floors etc and what if you touch those viruses from environment mentioned and kept your hand in mouth/nose/ears/eyes/penis/anus etc, do you get infected with any STDs ?

Answer:

We do not see sexually transmitted infections (STI) passing the way you describe.

The bacteria and viruses that cause most of the sexually transmitted infections (STI) do not survive for long when they are out of the body. We also find that you need to come in direct contact with the STI when having sex by either coming in contact with sexual fluids while having sex or from direct skin to skin contact with the person’s genitals.

Please leave a comment to let us know if this answers your question or if you need more information.

Health Nurse

While that may be true, setting the knife in a bowl with a Clorox/Water mix for an hour would certainly make me feel better about it...

I feel like I've seen this particular Mossy oak knife at Walmart in the past few years.
They're a brand of hunting cloths, and is far as I know the knives are a more recent appearance in Walmart stores.
Around 5-6 years ago is the first time I can recall seeing this brand on knives.
I suspect that knife did come from a big box store. Funny about Walmart..... years ago I would look at knives in their case and I bought a Spyderco Native there. I bought a Buck 110 at Gander Mountain (when they were still in business), and SAKs at a few big box stores. I exclude such stores as Bass Pro and similar.... Honestly, these days, I haven't really looked at knives in Walmart in years. So, I sort of chuckle about your comment and I know you visit Wallyworld. I suspect that is about it in terms of availability in your area. I probably visit Walmart on average about once a week, sometimes twice. So, they get a lot of my money.

While that may be true, setting the knife in a bowl with a Clorox/Water mix for an hour would certainly make me feel better about it...
Be sure to dilute it. Chlorox is very caustic stuff. Most things (germs and viruses) don't survive long outside the body. The exception might be ring worms, but they are bugs, not germs/viruses. Hospitals use the living crap out of chlorox for sterilizng things.

The exception might be ring worms, but they are bugs, not germs/viruses. Hospitals use the living crap out of chlorox for sterilizng things.

Just an fyi ringworm is actually a skin infection caused by a fungus, not a bug. In our ER we use a combo of chlorhexadine and bleach. The problem with bleach is that it's very caustic and will damage/stain equipment.
Cheers

To address the OP best I have down was find a leatherman. One of the old original designs. Unfortunately lost that one.

Last edited:
I suspect that knife did come from a big box store. Funny about Walmart..... years ago I would look at knives in their case and I bought a Spyderco Native there. I bought a Buck 110 at Gander Mountain (when they were still in business), and SAKs at a few big box stores. I exclude such stores as Bass Pro and similar.... Honestly, these days, I haven't really looked at knives in Walmart in years. So, I sort of chuckle about your comment and I know you visit Wallyworld. I suspect that is about it in terms of availability in your area. I probably visit Walmart on average about once a week, sometimes twice. So, they get a lot of my money.
It's about once a month for me.
And as far as knives goes, a few of my airguns love a couple types of pellets they have so I'm in the section anyways. Im a knife guy so I gotta look.

Btw I just realized I have a mossy oak fixed blade,
My brother gave me a box of junk when he moved out of state and it was In there.
I believe it came with some kind of replaceable bladed folding hunter.

Just an fyi ringworm is actually a skin infection caused by a fungus, not a bug. In our ER we use a combo of chlorhexadine and bleach. The problem with bleach is that it's very caustic and will damage/stain equipment.
Cheers

To address the OP best I have down was find a leatherman. One of the old original designs. Unfortunately lost that one.
Thanks for the ring worm comment. I was thinking of those little intestinal worms.... tape worms. Worms used to be an issues in public restrooms. I remember my Mother cautioning me about that.

Hickory, I'm a very regular Wallyworld customer. Just don't look at knives there. I would suspect I spend thousands of dollars over the course of a year. There are something like 20 Walmart stores within 30 miles of me. (edited distance)

Last edited:
Depending where I found a knife, I'd try to see if there was a way to leave my number if anyone was looking for it. Lost and found, or whatever they had onsite.

May be a cheapo, but may have meant something to the owner. Who knows how it got there, so I'd also be aware of any crimes it was used in, and possibly a benefit to the police.

I found this knife in the roller skating rink parking lot in Yakima, never heard of mossy oak before. Im pretty sure its just some cheap brand they have at walmart. I dont really want to mess with it too much, because i dont know what kind of things its cut, it could have hepatitis or something for all i know.

Also, anyone else have any knives theyve found like this?
g7Oxebx.jpg
3rpg7HJ.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures, my camera is not very good.
I once found a Rolex watch in a parking lot. I thought it might be a knock off, but the Rolex jeweler said it was legitimate. I turned it in to the sheriff's office. I don't know if it was ever claimed. SO has a policy of not returning found items if not claimed. I am a geologist so I am always looking at the ground, but I did have a professor that told me that if you are always looking at the ground, you miss a lot of sunsets.

....I am a geologist so I am always looking at the ground, but I did have a professor that told me that if you are always looking at the ground, you miss a lot of sunsets.
You also slip and fall a whole lot less in the woods/mountains. Snakes? That means fewer injuries. But we all need time to enjoy a nice sunset or smell the roses. How many paces was that......?;)

I remember from a book(Fight Club), Tyler Durden said that the Hepatitis virus can survive on a metal spoon for 14 days. Is that true? Obviously it is, Tyler Durden wouldn't lie to us.

That said, I'd definitely clean it up a bit. Even if you don't use bleach, a good soapy bath should do the trick. I definitely wouldn't expect to get an STD off any knife, but Hepatitis is a legitimate concern to me.

The virus and std comment was a joke for those of us that live in Washington state or have been to Yakima. I don’t think he is really concerned with catching goneria from the knife.

Back