Found my old SAK in bad shape

You can buy a new spring for the scissors and a new toothpick and tweezers on ebay. It isn't that difficult to polish and sharpen the blades. There's a lot that you can do on your own to repair this knife.

All of the liners are cracked and it makes deploying the knife tough, and uneasy about "hard" use. My thoughts were to go "all out" with it and repair it, or just hang on to it as-is.

I believe it's a fieldsmaster. Same as the huntsman just a screwdriver instead of the corkscrew. Good luck.

Last edited:
Repair it. I have done this many many times. The only thing you will have to watch for is the correct liners to replace them with. Also the pin stock is metric not standard.

Repair it. I have done this many many times. The only thing you will have to watch for is the correct liners to replace them with. Also the pin stock is metric not standard.

I sent it into Victorinox. They did not have the parts to repair it.

Known issues:
1. The two knife blades are scratched and knicked
2. The toothpick and tweezers are missing
3. The scissor spring is broken/missing
4. The phillips screwdriver is missing a 'side'
5. And all five (5) liners.....4 layers of tools....are cracked on the back (awl) side.

your first 3 issues can be fixed,,there are places online that could sell you the scissors spring..also the toothpick and tweezers can be bought online also ,,and the 2 blades can easily be sharpened by you at home ,

Known issues:
1. The two knife blades are scratched and knicked
2. The toothpick and tweezers are missing
3. The scissor spring is broken/missing
4. The phillips screwdriver is missing a 'side'
5. And all five (5) liners.....4 layers of tools....are cracked on the back (awl) side.

your first 3 issues can be fixed,,there are places online that could sell you the scissors spring..also the toothpick and tweezers can be bought online also ,,and the 2 blades can easily be sharpened by you at home ,

Agreed and noted, but issue #5 is the worst. The strength of the knife is questionable. I was either going "all out" and fixing everything, or fixing nothing at all with this one.

i think you should just retire the vic.its been a great carry piece for you with lots of memories,,me personally i would fix the first 3 issues ,then retire the vic, maybe some day in the future someone will come out with a mod or services to fix the last 2 issues,maybe in your kids' or grandkids time .

Back