French regional knives...

I picked up these Rotosphere knives by Bruno Sauzedde because I think the 'locking' mechanism is interesting (not really a secure lock), and I liked the wood choices.
Juniper
PKaUta4.jpg

Wenge
KrJgRTB.jpg

and Bubinga
rSjpthd.jpg

The ball snaps into the socket, but it isn't very secure.

Geez, Fred Z Fred Z , they could add a rare earth magnet to that lock style and hold the ball down a bit more securely. I kind of like it - a ball tip friction folder. Who knew ;)

Geez, Fred Z Fred Z , they could add a rare earth magnet to that lock style and hold the ball down a bit more securely. I kind of like it - a ball tip friction folder. Who knew ;)

Ray, it does snap in place - it doesn't flop out or anything, but it's not tight enough to instill a whole lot of confidence. I remember my Dad had something similar when I was a kid, and I'd forgotten about his until I actually held one of these in my hand. As I recall now, his knife had more of a solid cylinder that snapped into a cross-wise slot.

Last edited:
I picked up these Rotosphere knives by Bruno Sauzedde because I think the 'locking' mechanism is interesting (not really a secure lock), and I liked the wood choices.
Juniper
PKaUta4.jpg

Wenge
KrJgRTB.jpg

and Bubinga
rSjpthd.jpg

The ball snaps into the socket, but it isn't very secure.

I guess you could call that semi-locking friction folder? I mean it looks like it could be held closed by hand.
Very interesting.

Back