Fresh off the workbench - WIPs & Sneak Peeks

you have a great forum this will make very easy to chose the right sheath for our knives,it gives us a chance to get our info before the sale. GREAT WORK...

Sneak peek from today's workbench.

Working on a few Scout Pouches. These will all be Walnut and Oiled .. ready for the woods!

wip_dec2015_01.jpg

wip_dec2015_02.jpg

wip_dec2015_03.jpg

I decided to add the '2015' stamp to these last few I'm making this year. Debating on changing my maker stamp for 2016

wip_dec2015_04.jpg

wip_dec2015_05.jpg

The stamp is cool Bud. Would the change be permanent or will you do an annual change of your stamp?

The stamp is cool Bud. Would the change be permanent or will you do an annual change of your stamp?

I was thinking about doing a complete change of artwork each year. Making it easy to know what year the sheath was made. I'm surprised custom Knife Makers do not do this when marking their blades. I give Case Brothers Knives as an example. Their stamping system allows CaseXX collectors, enthusiasts, owners, etc to know what 'era' or exact year their knife was made.

I was thinking about doing a complete change of artwork each year. Making it easy to know what year the sheath was made. I'm surprised custom Knife Makers do not do this when marking their blades. I give Case Brothers Knives as an example. Their stamping system allows CaseXX collectors, enthusiasts, owners, etc to know what 'era' or exact year their knife was made.

Marbles knives for a time were dated by their spacer color pattern. Each year was represented by a color pattern. All the knives had the same spacers for that year regardless of handle material.

For example:
B=Black
Br=Brass
W=White
R=Red

1997: B-Br-R-R-Br-B-Br (pattern reverses on pommel end of handle).
1998: B-W-Br-R-R-Br-W-B
1999: B-Br-W-R-R-W-Br-B
2000: B-Br-Br-W-R-W-Br-Br-B
2001: B-W-Br-R-Br-W-B
2002: B-Br-R-W-R-Br-B

Simply put ... I like the idea for an annual stamp change. Any hints what the new stamp might be?

Simply put ... I like the idea for an annual stamp change. Any hints what the new stamp might be?

I wish I knew .. just scratching out ideas right now.

Nice Bud, I like seeing the work - in - progress pictures. Who made the sheepsfoot knife? I like it.

Nice Bud, I like seeing the work - in - progress pictures. Who made the sheepsfoot knife? I like it.

It's a slightly modified Fiddleback Woodsman. It was 'modified' by Andy himself.

I vote for a trout or salmon stamp based on my personal interests/uses :D

I vote for a trout or salmon stamp based on my personal interests/uses :D

I like a trout or largemouth bass stamp.

lol .. while I'm sure that would be cool and all, it's not really reflective of my current traits & personality. Because I'm primarily involved in K9s (training, handling, professional identifiers, etc), then it will certainly be something from that genre once again.

Last sneak peek before tonight's available sheaths thread.

sneak_dec22_01.jpg

Cool idea! I'd maybe toy with some type of marking maybe with Roman Numerals or something. Maybe a "golden stitch" built into one of the stitches. year one, first stitch, year two second stitch, and so forth.

I'd recommend keeping your makers mark standard for branding and all. But what do I know...

Back