Friction folder carry

Carried this Jan Dox friction folder as my edc. Work very well. I wrote a little piece about it here.
34441637794_86d03105f3_z.jpg

I carry my Michael Morris in a Hitch and Timber pocket runt 2.0 along with a small flashlight and pen. Works great to grab and go for me.
vfzIGYP.jpg

iaTrOvh.jpg

I usually ship my friction folders with a an inexpensive utility slip case
but I also tried one out with a pocket clip

6T6U3Is.jpg

DnHL5f5.jpg
Nice work. I am particularly keen on the San Mai.
If I may ask, what is the purpose behind the hole at 10 o'clock to the pivot (spine up)?
What do you often use for your core?

I've always thought the pocket clips on friction folders should orient them tip-down so you can grab them by the lever and open them against your leg (or in your hand) in a nice smooth motion. I always carried and used my Svord that way.

Nice work. I am particularly keen on the San Mai.
If I may ask, what is the purpose behind the hole at 10 o'clock to the pivot (spine up)?
What do you often use for your core?

thank you
it is a location clearance hole for the stop pin.
I did not need to do that on this model with the bolsters, so it's a "mistake" :)

I always use Hitachi white steel for the core, this laminated steel is from Murray Carter, white steel core with SS cladding

H HSC ///
Thanks for the reply.

Do you use #1 or #2?
- I know that #1 tends to be a bit hard to come by on this side of the pond.

How hard do you run your knives?

H HSC ///
Thanks for the reply.

Do you use #1 or #2?
- I know that #1 tends to be a bit hard to come by on this side of the pond.

How hard do you run your knives?

The steel is from Murray Carter, he can purchase Japanese laminated steel, he provides this to his students, I'm a student of his.

64 RC

I carry my Michael Morris in a Hitch and Timber pocket runt 2.0 along with a small flashlight and pen. Works great to grab and go for me.
vfzIGYP.jpg

iaTrOvh.jpg

They have a nice collection of leather pouch! I used to live in Baltimore but did not know them. Too bad.
I guess I will get their Cadet carrier.
Thank you for the info!

Back