FRIDAY SALE! 12 heat treat optimized CPM 4V Light Choppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very sporting to use two separate accounts with the same IP for this..don't you think?
Ooooh - not very sportsmanlike indeed. Looks like this occurred in the NASK sale, too! I don't know if it is indeed the same person, or if there were multiple blades claimed (it does say 'Speed Test') - but it is questionable if the same IP address is used.
Kinda strange though, since he could also post twice (under the same Username) and have the same chance to claim more than one knife. At least that's how I understand it, per the "rules"

i'll take two plz - black micarta/TekLok & od green/TekLok, thx!
speed test

Ooooh - not very sportsmanlike indeed. Looks like this occurred in the NASK sale, too! I don't know if it is indeed the same person, or if there were multiple blades claimed (it does say 'Speed Test') - but it is questionable if the same IP address is used.
Kinda strange though, since he could also post twice (under the same Username) and have the same chance to claim more than one knife. At least that's how I understand it, per the "rules"

Probably has another family member helping him would be my guess.
I have tried getting in on one of these sales..I have lost every time. Recently had someone give up their blade to me that they got fair and square..that was very nice and I appreciate it.

My pic above was posted in jest by the way...:D Just in case there wasn't any tom foolery going on!

Lion share of his activities on BFC seems to be merely on the buying side. Well great for him that he comes first whatever routine / algorithm he has worked out to be the quickest to the draw but to have someone else from the same IP address to dip hands in the cookie jar is against the rules, AFAIK. There are also a few misusers / flippers whose conduct I would term as against the decorum of this subform. Nathan / Jo are far too nice but they have the power to curb such egregious acts which hinder others' chances.

I tend to do fairly well on Fridays sales so I'm not overly concerned but the audacity of some of these people is friggin unbelievable!

I have tried getting in on one of these sales..I have lost every time. Recently had someone give up their blade to me that they got fair and square..that was very nice and I appreciate it.

Judging by his "Ben Johnson" type of quickness off the mark, does not seem to need much help. Tell me again, whatever happened to Ben Johnson and his World Record + Gold Olympic Medal?

I have also lost ALMOST Every time :mad: However thru Nathan's Pre-orders and buying some off the exchange at reasonable prices one can get the majority of knives they want:p

I showed my son what I had to do to get one of these and he thought he could do better. If you look at his activity, he has never claimed anything, he just wants to see if he can beat me.

Lion share of his activities on BFC seems to be merely on the buying side. Well great for him that he comes first whatever routine / algorithm he has worked out to be the quickest to the draw but to have someone else from the same IP address to dip hands in the cookie jar is against the rules, AFAIK. There are also a few misusers / flippers whose conduct I would term as against the decorum of this subform. Nathan / Jo are far too nice but they have the power to curb such egregious acts which hinder others' chances.

I tend to do fairly well on Fridays sales so I'm not overly concerned but the audacity of some of these people is friggin unbelievable!

Not really sure what else to say, to my knowledge, my son has never attempted to claim a cookie from the cookie jar, he is not even a knife guy. Since you guys are digging through my records, you will see that I have never successfully landed a LC until now. Instead of whining about it I worked on improving my speed.

Enjoy the spoils of Fridays' sales as you won first place, fair and square. But as I had stated and AFAIK, this Site (BFC) has strict rules about one ID per IP address. I guess I could have made my earlier tone friendlier. Shrug!

But as I had stated and AFAIK, this Site (BFC) has strict rules about one ID per IP address.

I hope that's not the case because Jo, Mark and I all have accounts and use the same IP address.

I think the rule might be "one account per person", meaning a person can't have multiple accounts. I'd think a family could have a family of accounts, all from the same IP?

Np. Although I would want to know where that rule is posted, because it probably needs to be re-looked at. I have 2 other kids that still live at home and I am 100% positive if they were to logon to BF, all 3 of us would have the same IP. It would really suck if I had to buy 2 more internet connections, one for each of them if they became BF fans. Maybe bhyde can confirm/deny this, being a super mod.

I hope that's not the case because Jo, Mark and I all have accounts and use the same IP address.

I think the rule might be "one account per person", meaning a person can't have multiple accounts. I'd think a family could have a family of accounts, all from the same IP?

That is true but I think when the Supers suspect that someone has multiple accounts whether by design or for totally benign reasons (lost password is one root cause), they will contact to clarify. I should've qualified my previous post by having stated one ID per person per IP. Thank you for correcting me St. Nathan :)

Multiple accounts that resolve to the same IP have been banned for a very long time.
Of course, there are always exceptions to this and your example is one of them. That's pretty rare for that to happen.
Usually, dual accounts have been used for trolling, helping to sell a knife, feedback type of situations in the GB&U..

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/site-rules/

No gimmick or troll accounts- The rule has been interpreted to mean dual accounts in the past to be no beuno.

I showed my son what I had to do to get one of these and he thought he could do better. If you look at his activity, he has never claimed anything, he just wants to see if he can beat me.

Not really sure what else to say, to my knowledge, my son has never attempted to claim a cookie from the cookie jar, he is not even a knife guy. Since you guys are digging through my records, you will see that I have never successfully landed a LC until now. Instead of whining about it I worked on improving my speed.

If that was the case and you were testing, then don't you think it would have been a good idea to come clean from the start rather than to leave the door open to suspicion when it was caught?
For sure, we don't normally do an IP check and the only reason I even looked was because of your uncanny ability to be the first to post in the raffle threads (posted by someone- not sure who brought it up).

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist
This probably isn't a good thread for this- I can move the posts from mine on down elsewhere to further discuss the topic if you wish.

If that was the case and you were testing, then don't you think it would have been a good idea to come clean from the start rather than to leave the door open to suspicion when it was caught?
For sure, we don't normally do an IP check and the only reason I even looked was because of your uncanny ability to be the first to post in the raffle threads (posted by someone- not sure who brought it up).
I wasn't testing. I was in it to buy a knife. My son wanted to see if he could place higher than me. I see speed test messages like his all the time on these types of posts, if this is not allowed then so be it. His attention span is such that he has moved on from this anyways. It never occurred to me some offense had been committed or that suspicious activity had occurred that needed to be explained or in your words, to "come clean" from. I still think it is odd that somebody that lives in the same house is not allowed to have an account and post a message to BF and doing so is "dirty." Is the expectation then that we share the same account and take turns?

I am still not clear what offense you "caught" me committing.

I agree that, although this conversation is interesting to some, it is also polluting Nathan's thread. We can continue this conversation if you would like, somewhere else of your choosing.

I think it was just a misunderstanding, I don't think there's any problems here.

Also, this isn't polluting this thread, this was just an old sale thread.

This is my forum here, speed tests aren't a problem here, they don't bother me. But posts of that nature out on the regular sales forum are probably not allowed per BF rules

I think it was just a misunderstanding, I don't think there's any problems here.

Also, this isn't polluting this thread, this was just an old sale thread.

This is my forum here, speed tests aren't a problem here, they don't bother me. But posts of that nature out on the regular sales forum are probably not allowed per BF rules

The owner has spoken- Good enough for me..

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back