From Finland With Love - Puukko by Saku Honkilahti

mortonm mortonm I missed this thread when you started it so I’m really happy you bumped it with a new photo. What a beautiful—and beautifully functional, it appears—puukko! Congratulations.

mortonm mortonm I missed this thread when you started it so I’m really happy you bumped it with a new photo. What a beautiful—and beautifully functional, it appears—puukko! Congratulations.

Thank you for the comments. I am still quite happy with it after some more use.

I will continue to update this thread over time with more pictures

Great looking knife and great pictures, thanks for sharing. I just put myself on his list, looking forward to it.

Wow that is a beautiful specimen. I have been kinda obsessed with Puukkos lately, your thread is very timely. I see a lot of custom Puukkos made out of that steel. I am not familiar with it. I would be curious to know how it holds up and what the Rockwell is on it.

Wow that is a beautiful specimen. I have been kinda obsessed with Puukkos lately, your thread is very timely. I see a lot of custom Puukkos made out of that steel. I am not familiar with it. I would be curious to know how it holds up and what the Rockwell is on it.

I don't know the specific hardness but it's a carbon toolstool and a lot of people seem to like it.

My experience so far has been good as well. Take a a patina fairly quick much like O1

I clocked you'd picked this up on IG Mike.

Nice score.

He's produced a lovely heirloom knife for you there for sure amigo.

Enjoy putting it to work.

Back