From Maniago

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Inexpensive knives from a very traditional Cutlery town; Maniago!!
Many great cutlery stories have begun in this city!! Imperial Cutlery for one!!!
Olive wood handles, these take-offs on a twist-lock friction folder are nicely done!
I had to buy all three sizes - they cost altogether, much less than one GEC!!:eek:;)
Antonini trio 1.jpg Antonini trio 2.jpg
If you have a knife or a story from Maniago, please post here!!:rolleyes:

My only Maniago knife.

4NbiIhv.jpg

My only Maniago knife.

4NbiIhv.jpg
Here’s my Maserin. A well made knife with good blade steel that is sharp as heck out of the box. Got this one from Mike for a very reasonable price. Not to be blasphemous here but other production knife makers like Spyderco have knives made for them in this Italian cutlery Meca. :)
View attachment 1515929

I saw one somewhere on here and became curious, and after a search I landed a Bear Classical with a American walnut handle. This locking mechanism is brilliant in its simplicity and effectiveness. It locks the blade open, and closed. I'll try and get some pics uploaded tomorrow. Very comfortable handle shape too., and it's a feather light knife. As friction folders go, these feel very intuitive to operate, take a great edge, and have a nice thinly ground blade similar to an Opinel.

I saw one somewhere on here and became curious, and after a search I landed a Bear Classical with a American walnut handle. This locking mechanism is brilliant in its simplicity and effectiveness. It locks the blade open, and closed. I'll try and get some pics uploaded tomorrow. Very comfortable handle shape too., and it's a feather light knife. As friction folders go, these feel very intuitive to operate, take a great edge, and have a nice thinly ground blade similar to an Opinel.

Does their blade tend to get "stuck" ( like in the opinels) when the wood swells due to moisture/water ?

Are they flat ground or more of a convex grind like the opinels ?

Ok, no more questions lol :D
TY

Inexpensive knives from a very traditional Cutlery town; Maniago!!
Many great cutlery stories have begun in this city!! Imperial Cutlery for one!!!
Olive wood handles, these take-offs on a twist-lock friction folder are nicely done!
I had to buy all three sizes - they cost altogether, much less than one GEC!!:eek:;)
View attachment 1515881 View attachment 1515882
If you have a knife or a story from Maniago, please post here!!:rolleyes:

carbon or stainless? Very cool, and they work for a living, too. Are these locks more secure to lock than just the twist locks of an Opinel? Or about the same?

Locks? Are they secure? Thanks. :D

Link! :D :thumbsup:

Coincidence Charlie! :cool: I carried one of the Old Bear knives for my Random Tuesday carry this week :) :thumbsup:

Someone gave me this Antonini Old Bear a few years ago, and I don't think I've ever carried it before. That's what Random Tuesday is for ;) This is one of the 3 1/4" stainless models, but I also have a smaller carbon model somewhere, haven't carried that either :rolleyes: The first thing I need to do is touch the edge up. Without a spring, it's pretty light and pocketable, and the lock seems to work well to keep the blade either open or closed. I don't carry many locking folders these days, but I do prefer one which locks automatically. These are inexpensive knives though :thumbsup:

Back