Frozen in

I’m located just a couple hours north of the Fiddleback shop. Temp of 7* with a windchill of -5*. And my drive into the office. Southeast TN isn’t used to this.

9B6B4062-1FCE-41DF-8A74-90302C08F8FD.jpeg 34E21E32-FFD4-4951-9674-E613F10661C9.jpeg

Our daughter is having surgery on her eye today. Needless to say, having to drive on icy roads didn't help our anxiety any. Stay warm and safe, everyone.

Hope everyone is okay, hearts and bodies and all? Whew.

It's stupid cold here (in PA) again, but 1) that's kinda normal, given the season and 2) we're supposed to get back into the 50s this week end.

Here's hoping.

~ P.

Hope everyone is okay, hearts and bodies and all? Whew.

It's stupid cold here (in PA) again, but 1) that's kinda normal, given the season and 2) we're supposed to get back into the 50s this week end.

Here's hoping.

~ P.

Just posted this in Carl's Lounge:

Well, after making our 19-month old daughter fast for 17 hours, not have water for 5 hours, wake up early, go outside in the 20* weather, and sit around a cold hospital room in a gown for 3.5 hours, we were told that the scheduling nurse made a mistake and shouldn't have scheduled us to be in for another 2-3 weeks.

We were all so tired, and my wife and I so angry that as soon as we got home, we ate lunch and went to sleep.

I'm so tired of the overwhelming incompetence this entire network of hospitals has shown. We had to reschedule once already when she got sick. They rescheduled us for today, and the anesthesiologist came in 3 hours after we got there and said, "They should have said 4-6 weeks after recovery from illness not 2 weeks." While I'm glad the anesthesiologist knew what the hell she was talking about, it should have been taken care of by the scheduling nurse 2 weeks ago.

the News just said it was colder here today than in Anchorage AK:eek:

I opened the door this am and the cold blast went right through me, -2 with windchill in northern Atlanta suburb. Just crazy cold.

Roads were fine, idiots driving were not fine, clogging up everything spinning wheels and their cars/trucks trying to get moving from a stop. I finally yelled at one guy to get a moving start from the dry patch 100 yards back and just keep moving. Could have cut him out of the ice with my custom shop Duke, but just left him spinning instead after he gave me the "I got this" sign. He did not in fact "Got this" and was still there 1/2 hour later when I passed him the other way with pizza for happy hour.

Back