FSH vs SFNO

Oliver Thecat

Gold Member
Whats the difference between the FSH and the SFNO? They look exactly the same to me with the same dimensions. Thanks for your help.

Oliver

They're different for sure. The FSH have a fusion handle which lends itself to chopping naturally. The SFNO handle is more neutral.

The FSH comes in different variations:
1. FSH (.25 inches thick FFG)(INFI)
2. FSH (.18/.32 Saber)(SR-101)
3. HHFSH (.27 Saber)(INFI)
4. HOGFSH (.32 FFG)(INFI)

The FSH feels definitely bigger. Both are amazing knives.

The fsh is more ergo with a curved handle and a nice wide blade built for sinking in on heavy cuts, the sfno is more narrow better for stabbing and slicing and more of a tactical/combat knife vs the latter thats more of a survival knife..

FSHs are bigger than SFNOs, heres a quick pic of one of each of mine. (FSH on top, SFNO on bottom)
qkPyYfe.jpg

the original FSH and the NMSFNO are very similar in over all specs. that's prob what your thinking.

Pulled this thumbnail from google which looks like it was originally posted to scrap yard and has since gone away with photobucket. If it belongs to someone I can take it down. Fusion Steel Heart on top Nuclear Meltdown Special Forces Natural Outlaw on the bottom.

fsh.jpeg

I think the nmsfno is the perfect knife. I'm getting my first one some day soon. It's away getting stripped:)

That's definitely a BG FSH. Surprised ACK would make that mistake, but I guess it happens.

You will be hard pressed to find a better knife than the FSH :cool: IMHO, the HHFSH is the epitome of perfection. If I had to grab just one knife before running out the door for any occasion, 'twoud be the Heavy Heart!

Wait...So I'm not getting a SFNO? I'm getting a FSH instead? Did I get a good buy? Crap. I knew I should have checked here first.

If they're sending the knife pictured, yes it's a BG FSH, presumably in the thinner 3/16ths stock if the specs are correct. Looks like they took down the price, but iirc you need to up your membership to ask about prices and values. At any rate, it's a cool cerakoted version from Blade show, so I'd expect there was a premium for that, but generally the best prices you're going to find are direct from BUsse (when offered) or on the Exchange here.

Afaik, both the SNFO and FSH are killer blades, but I haven't personally handled either.

I was going to say that an 8" blade would make it a NMSFNO if it was an outlaw and there was never a battle grade version of that. The FSH is pretty awesome though. Luckily someone made a similar mistake awhile back that worked out for the better. They gave me a satin NMSFNO for the price of a CG SFNO. Sometimes bigger sellers don't know what they have or just don't talk the time to do the research.

hmm. yes the knife pictured is a Camo BG FSH. This knife is a bit longer and thiner than the BG SFNO. All the BG Battle Grade knives are made from SR101 Steel, which is not INFI but still excellent. You could definitely contact them to clarify. The BG SFNO is actually a little longer and thicker than the Combat Grade version. Which is maybe where the initial confusion came from.

BG FSH Specs:
OAL: 14.5
Blade Length: 8.25"
Blade Width: Approx. 2"
Thickness: Approx. .187"
Steel: SR-101
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Grind: Flat Saber

BG SFNO Specs:
Blade Length: 7"
Blade Width: Approx. 1.75"
Thickness: Approx. .250"
Steel: SR-101
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Grind: Flat Saber

The price is not particularly inflated so don't worry about that, though I won't link any actual pricing so as to try and stay within the forum guidelines. You will probably be happy with either knife that shows up.

Back