"G" clip question

Bruceter

Gold Member
Has anyone used a "G" clip on the stock Izula sheath? I'm curious as to what you thought of it. Pictures would be great.

TIA

Bruceter

are you limiting your options to the "G" clip? i haven't used one of those but I did pick up a couple Blade-tech Klips at the recommendation of others on this forum. I am happy with them and you have many mounting options on the izula sheath, pretty much any angle you could want...

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech-Clip-pr-941.html

IMG_2820.jpg

I have this exact setup when I clip in on a belt. The clip fits the sheath perfectly and it is rock=solid on the belt or no belt for that matter.

It is a big plastic clip that attaches to a sheath like a Tech-loc.

gclip.jpg

attachment.php

That looks like a "9" clip instead of a "G" clip

If you order the G-clips straight from Spyderco you have to actually call and order them. They don't sell them from their website. They are 4.95.

Hey man, I didn't come up with the name....

I always thought the "G" was more of a stupid marketing name (as in short for "G-force") or something....I suppose someone could have thought it looked like a letter G when they named it? They are marketed by Spyderco...perhaps G stands for Glesser?

Whatever, they work damn well for multiple carry options, and they are quite cheap relative to other options on the market.

Plus, if they call it a 9-clip all the rappers would assume they are those things you shove bullets into and stick in your "gat"

I was just joking because of your picture

Then we don't have to plan on killing each other

The BTK, or BladeTech Klip, is very, very similar to the G Clip. It allows you to put it on over a belt you are already wearing and then snap it shut. I put up some pics of everything you get in the package ($11), but for $4.95 the G Clip is great value. I got one on this spyderco knife I have - Perrin Design, finger choil built into handle......only one and really like it.... and the g clip functions well with it.

If you order the G-clips straight from Spyderco you have to actually call and order them. They don't sell them from their website. They are 4.95.

Yeah, call the spyderco factory outlet, IIRC shipping is around $2 also. The G-clip is the best clipping system out there IMHO. I like them so much I use one on my IWB Glock holster. I usually grind the tab down a little though since I feel it's a little longer than necessary, especially on small sheaths.

Thanks for all of the replies.
I am just looking at other options and had heard about the G clip but had never seen one. I live close enough that this will give me an excuse to go up to the Spyderco outlet. :D

Bruceter

are you limiting your options to the "G" clip? i haven't used one of those but I did pick up a couple Blade-tech Klips at the recommendation of others on this forum. I am happy with them and you have many mounting options on the izula sheath, pretty much any angle you could want...

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech-Clip-pr-941.html

IMG_2820.jpg

LOL, I was paying so much attention to the knife, that I didn't notice the gun the first time I looked at the pic.:eek:

Bruceter

Thanks for all of the replies.
I am just looking at other options and had heard about the G clip but had never seen one. I live close enough that this will give me an excuse to go up to the Spyderco outlet. :D

Bruceter

Man I would love to live close enough to drive by their store, especially when they do their annual Clearance Sale :D .

I have a G clip on one of my Izula's, purchased before ESEE came out with theirs, and it works well enough, but I really do prefer the new ESEE belt clip, around $11 and should be available from several dealers now:
izula-clip.jpg

I'd recommend trying that one!

Man I would love to live close enough to drive by their store, especially when they do their annual Clearance Sale :D .

I have a G clip on one of my Izula's, purchased before ESEE came out with theirs, and it works well enough, but I really do prefer the new ESEE belt clip, around $11 and should be available from several dealers now:
izula-clip.jpg

I'd recommend trying that one!

Can you carry horizontal with the ESEE clip?

Back