"G" clip question

Since it came with the kit, I've been trying this for a few weeks now:

IzulaPlate2.jpg

So far, so good...
Grip purchase is a little different, but the lower ride height is more than
a worthy trade-off for me.

Can you carry horizontal with the ESEE clip?

Yes you can but only two of the holes and screw sets match up. It seems quite rigid...I just tried it.

For Vertical Carry: I removed the clip ( as shown in your picture) turned over the plate so the smooth side is out...then re-attached the clip. Attached the plate to the right side of the sheath...and carry it in either my back pocket or front. The clip is exposed on the outside of the pocket and the knife is inside the pocket. A little more secure and rides closer to the body. When needed ...it allow you to easily unclip the sheath from your pocket with your index finger and put the whole unit in your pocket.

Since it came with the kit, I've been trying this for a few weeks now:

So far, so good...
Grip purchase is a little different, but the lower ride height is more than
a worthy trade-off for me.

Huh, that's interesting. Could you provide some more pics....possibly with it on and a side and back view?

The only pic I have already is the back side:
IzulaPlate1.jpg

but if you gimme a few minutes I can slop together a cell pic of it on. :)

ETA some super crappy shots of carry:

dropclip1.jpg

dropclip2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes you can but only two of the holes and screw sets match up. It seems quite rigid...I just tried it.

For Vertical Carry: I removed the clip ( as shown in your picture) turned over the plate so the smooth side is out...then re-attached the clip. Attached the plate to the right side of the sheath...and carry it in either my back pocket or front. The clip is exposed on the outside of the pocket and the knife is inside the pocket. A little more secure and rides closer to the body. When needed ...it allow you to easily unclip the sheath from your pocket with your index finger and put the whole unit in your pocket.

I hadn't thought about carrying it clipped inside the pocket like that. Thanks for the reply.

I carry it clipped inside my front pocket as well, but I like the more exposed way you set up....very interesting. Thanks.

I use a G-Clip for horizontal carry. It took a bit of effort to get the clip attached to the Izula sheath, but worked out when I ditched the rubber spacers.

I use the G clip with my Izula. The only thing I don't like about it is I can't seem to take it off without undoing my belt. I don't have that issue with a tec lock.

Back