GAW: Name a Medium Gunstock

#22 Mag small
#35...7 Mag medium
#44 Mag large

But they screwed up my numbering system with the forum and drover knife nomenclature.....

How about "hogsleg" ... I seem to remember thats what my dad used to call a rifle. Or maybe "the devil's right hand" - I've heard that gun reference before ...

My favorite gun phrase ... God made all men, but Sam Colt made them equal

Last edited:
How about the BANDIT. Not quite an outlaw. The flip side would be the regulator or Lincoln County regulator. Referring to Billy the kids gang. Regulators mount up. The overview of the knife could say "it will make you famous":cool::).

Last edited:
Based on all the names suggested so far, it appears that some need to drink less, some need to drink more, and Mike should consider that the best name for this knife may not be a name, but a number.

It should be called the “36er”, after a Colonel Colt’s Navy belt revolver of 1851.

I'm going to reinstate my suggestion of warclub by adding ”Okichitaw Warclub."

From wikepedia:
”The main weapons used in the Okichitaw martial arts system are the Gunstock Warclub and the Long Knife."

Remains within "frontier" parameters and in my opinion is a nice contrast via cowboys and indians.

Based on all the names suggested so far, it appears that some need to drink less, some need to drink more, and Mike should consider that the best name for this knife may not be a name, but a number.

It should be called the “36er”, after a Colonel Colt’s Navy belt revolver of 1851.

That's a long argument just to mention a revolver as a name for a gunstock :D

Cool idea for a contest, Mike!

Here are my first 2...

The Bayonet
The Musket

Back