Gayle Bradley 2

rpn

Gold Member
Anyone else stoked for this? Was pleased to see a couple of sites planning for it to be about $130-$140. :thumbup:

Can't get released soon enough for me!

Last edited:
Any HSS bladed knife is :thumbup:
Wish there were a mini version.

Yes, this is one of my most anticipated knives coming out this year. It looks like everything I didn't like about the original was corrected on the new model. I'm very excited about this release.

...and it looks like it's being offered for less $$ than the original. What's up with that?

I'm boycotting this one because it does not incorporate a cutout to give good access to the liner lock and Spydie hole. I must be deranged, because I don't easily tolerate a Spydie hole that's partially covered by the scales. Makes no sense to me.

I'm boycotting this one because it does not incorporate a cutout to give good access to the liner lock and Spydie hole. I must be deranged, because I don't easily tolerate a Spydie hole that's partially covered by the scales. Makes no sense to me.
Well to each their own. Myself I already placed my preorder.

https://spydercollector.wordpress.c...-production-prototype-gayle-bradley-folder-2/

its BARELY covered and quite enough spydie hole to finger flick, thumb flick, spyder drop, etc..... I'm scratching my head on this one. As far as the cutout to reach the lock bar.... I am slightly in agreement here, but having owned the original Gb my absolute only gripe was I feared my grip could slip upwards and cut myself(finger choil wasn't deep enough and didn't provide enough security for me). The 2 fixes this for me. I rather liked the fact that I couldn't easily disengage the lock bar on the first one. A closer look revels that the liners sit a bit proud of the scales, which should make for easier access.... but then again the 1 did the same thing.

I am pretty picky now days with my knives and this is one that I've really been looking forward to getting. I was a bit disappointed with other blade show releases and this is still the only one on my list to buy this year. I plan on 2, one as a user that I will force a patina and one to throw in the safe just in case :) I did the same thing with my 0562cf

supposedly 4.4 oz... the original is 5.5
Cool,I was reading this gen 2 is thiner and lighter. Maybe the photo doesn't show the liner lock cut out at the right angle in the proto. I'm stocked, I'll have to find out where I can pre order.

I'm late to the party on this model, I haven't kept up with all the info. Will this completely replace the original GB or will they both be current production knives?

Here's how I had my GB modded to give full access to the Spydie hole and liner lock like God intended for all knives. Seriously, its a joy to get a full purchase on the Spydie hole instead of just getting 60% of your finger in there. Same with the liner lock.

IMG_7674.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

It looks like a nice knife but it doesn't have that partial choil for the index finger to rest that feels so right on the original.

I'm late to the party on this model, I haven't kept up with all the info. Will this completely replace the original GB or will they both be current production knives?

Yes it will, unfortunately.

As for the irritation with the semi-covered Spydie-hole, I'm really not impressed with the argument against the design. It works exactly the way GB designed it to, prevents any weird movement in the lock, and I've never had issue disengaging the lock.

GB himself said that it's not a knife designed to be flick-able or to be opened and closed over and over for fun. It's a work knife by design, and, in my mileage, has performed in spades.

But that, admittedly, may just be me.

It looks like a nice knife but it doesn't have that partial choil for the index finger to rest that feels so right on the original.

I was also sad to see this go, as it never bothered me and actually contributed to amazing ergos in my opinion. But knowing GB's design prowess, I'm withholding judgment until I hold it in my hands. :thumbup:

...and it looks like it's being offered for less $$ than the original. What's up with that?

I've been wondering the same since the price drop seems unprecedented. That said, I'm not complaining.

Yes it will, unfortunately.

As for the irritation with the semi-covered Spydie-hole, I'm really not impressed with the argument against the design. It works exactly the way GB designed it to, prevents any weird movement in the lock, and I've never had issue disengaging the lock.

GB himself said that it's not a knife designed to be flick-able or to be opened and closed over and over for fun. It's a work knife by design, and, in my mileage, has performed in spades.

But that, admittedly, may just be me.

I was also sad to see this go, as it never bothered me and actually contributed to amazing ergos in my opinion. But knowing GB's design prowess, I'm withholding judgment until I hold it in my hands. :thumbup:

Ive only had a GB for a couple of weeks , I was nervous of those design faults that I had read so much about .
The funny thing is that it is those very same features that others loath that I love about my GB .
It isn't like other knives because it was never designed to be .
Ive developed a different technique when closing the knife , and I have zero issues with that aspect .
I love my GB , and a lot of that love comes from it being different from the crowd , but still a very efficient tool .

Ken

Last edited:
Ive only had a GB for a couple of weeks , I was nervous of those design faults that I had read so much about .
The funny thing is that it is those very same features that others loath they I love about my GB .
It isn't like other knives because it was never designed to be .
Ive developed a different technique when closing the knife , and I have zero issues with that aspect .
I love my GB , and a lot of that love comes from it being different from the crowd , but still a very efficient tool .

Ken

:thumbup:

Back