GEC 39 Old Sheffield Jack

25-Pioneer-Bone.jpg

Outstanding knife! Might have been even better with a clip blade, but shouldn't there be some major difference between forum knife and public release? They'll make a public knife with a clip blade, eventually. I guess... Funny thing is, more patterns - more joy, but also the more patterns they make the less appearances of each we would see.

Why camel bone paintjob always differs drastically?
View attachment 2009882
View attachment 2009885
Even that sloppy?..
View attachment 2009887
I also remember the blue 94's being almost white.
I really like that. The handle color and look alone is going to make me have to get one.

So… where would I try to even find one of these? I still haven’t figured out how to acquire a GEC.

It is misleading when their promotional picture shows such pretty examples, but 95% of the knives will be pink. GEC really should stop with the elderberry knives. Nobody really wants a pink knife with white edges. Everyone is hoping for one of the darker ones.

Instead of Elderberry, they should be trying for a deep & dark red. Like Case’s classic red bone knives.

Last edited:
It is misleading when their promotional picture shows such pretty examples, but 95% of the knives will be pink. GEC really should stop with the elderberry knives. Nobody really wants a pink knife with white edges. Everyone is hoping for one of the darker ones.

Instead of Elderberry, they should be trying for a deep & dark red. Like Case’s classic red bone knives.

now now, the elderberry 92s came out alright. well the bone did. the spring was weak and i got some blade rap. and the jigging kinda fell apart, it started to chip with carry. but the coloring held up. that was solid.

I agree, any color but red was my thought when I saw the photo. I like the way camel bone takes (or doesn't take) the dye evenly. Green, yellow or blue would excite me more.

Yeah, these were my thoughts as well. Remember Mike's 77 run of Elderberry Camel Bone? Those were a special kind of bright pink...

now now, the elderberry 92s came out alright. well the bone did. the spring was weak and i got some blade rap. and the jigging kinda fell apart, it started to chip with carry. but the coloring held up. that was solid.

Elderberry Camel Bone has notoriously been pink, other examples that use cattle bone have been terrific like the 92, the 82, the 78, etc.

Back