GEC #46 Whaler

Funny how things unfold at times. I sold this (foolishly) back in 2015. I regretted it from day one. I had checked the auction site from time to time and last week found a replacement. Little did I know it was the very same knife I sold here on Bladeforums over three years ago:eek:
6FAlD3.jpg

Adding to the irony, the member who bought it from me wasn't the seller:eek::eek::eek:

Here's my sales thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...viper-whittler-whaler-moose-linesman.1259253/

Hold on just a minute, there is an EO single blade whaler!?! That is the ticket right there, like I needed another thing on the punchlist to find. What a knife!

Funny how things unfold at times. I sold this (foolishly) back in 2015. I regretted it from day one. I had checked the auction site from time to time and last week found a replacement. Little did I know it was the very same knife I sold here on Bladeforums over three years ago:eek:
6FAlD3.jpg

Adding to the irony, the member who bought it from me wasn't the seller:eek::eek::eek:

Here's my sales thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...viper-whittler-whaler-moose-linesman.1259253/
That is great Paul, it belonged with you. I have one on the way, need to find someone to mod it to a single blade for me

Just got mine and very impressed. What a knife!! I get that it might not be a practical EDC but dang it these are just cool to have. Size comparison with a TC below
99D2E8F6-FB14-4721-916A-ACC2CA4840C4_zpseh8cyma1.jpeg

890B4FEA-349D-49EE-80A0-82CEE16552B5_zpsl8yzpbby.jpeg

Nice one Drew:thumbsup: actually a very nice duo:thumbsup: I totally agree, maybe not an edc per se but a very fun knife:)

My muscle bone Whaler came in last week, but it might need to go back. Small gap in the bone near the bolster. It this typical for the run?

41709032984_ce34880d2c_k.jpg

I wouldn't say that's typical for the run...but I have other GEC knives with bone covers that have small imperfections like yours. I've never really thought twice about it to be honest since it doesn't effect the structural integrity of the knife. Did you get it from a dealer?

I just noticed how the main blade on these is pinch-able. In fact, it may be easier to pinch it open than to use the long pull.

My muscle bone Whaler came in last week, but it might need to go back. Small gap in the bone near the bolster. It this typical for the run?

41709032984_ce34880d2c_k.jpg

I feel like it wouldn't bother me, but at the same time you (like me) are not buying the knife to be a user. I think it is not unreasonable to send it back. Shame you didn't get one that satisfied you.

I feel like it wouldn't bother me, but at the same time you (like me) are not buying the knife to be a user. I think it is not unreasonable to send it back. Shame you didn't get one that satisfied you.

And that's my dilemma. Send it back and try to find a better one on the secondary market (and probably at a higher price--I paid less than $150) or keep it with the minor flaw.

You might regret letting that 46 go.

Maybe locate another one and acquire it first, then sell or trade the other if it suits you.

And that's my dilemma. Send it back and try to find a better one on the secondary market (and probably at a higher price--I paid less than $150) or keep it with the minor flaw.

You won't pay less that $200 on the secondary market, unless you get extremely lucky. I'd keep it, unless perhaps someone who wants theirs to be a user will trade with you.

Back