GEC new #43 pattern, who’s excited?

Why I didn’t snag a red 43 I’ll never know! Looks great!
Oh my, put them in your pocket, you won't regret it.
xIBeTae.jpg

It is hard not to love this Oregon Trapper!! A larger knife, with a firm spring, and a well-ground blade, it would be useful for many tasks, and certainly not limited in size at nearly 4 1/4"!!
Better for a day's walk that might include making lunch, or even for a picnic with a barbecue, than a smaller knife like a Barlow (which I would carry in the other pocket!!):)
So - - - - -safe queen or pocket?????:eek:
Tough to decide!!o_O It's such a great looking knife, with it's matched Frontier Bone, and broad, flat-ground blade! Looks good with my worn old Navajo ring too! I would be strutting my stuff!!:D
I will let it look back at me in front of my computer for a few days; decide later!:cool:
Many knives to choose from; life is good!!:thumbsup:
View attachment 1092113 View attachment 1092114 View attachment 1092115

I like to see knives that I, or someone else, once owned end up with an appreciative owner. I certainly recognize that knife.

Nice pair of knives, Pgg!!
Great patina, Jiki!!

Were you the first owner of mine, Slim??

waynorth waynorth , Charlie, your description is dead on of these wonderful knives. Mine rides with me constantly and help me work on some barbecue this evening. It's definitely one you'll enjoy allowing to acquire a beautiful patina while performing its designed duties. I hope yours brings you as much joy as mine has.IMG_5051.PNG

It is hard not to love this Oregon Trapper!! A larger knife, with a firm spring, and a well-ground blade, it would be useful for many tasks, and certainly not limited in size at nearly 4 1/4"!!
Better for a day's walk that might include making lunch, or even for a picnic with a barbecue, than a smaller knife like a Barlow (which I would carry in the other pocket!!):)
So - - - - -safe queen or pocket?????:eek:
Tough to decide!!o_O It's such a great looking knife, with it's matched Frontier Bone, and broad, flat-ground blade! Looks good with my worn old Navajo ring too! I would be strutting my stuff!!:D
I will let it look back at me in front of my computer for a few days; decide later!:cool:
Many knives to choose from; life is good!!:thumbsup:
View attachment 1092113 View attachment 1092114 View attachment 1092115
I say use it. The 43 in frontier bone just cries out for a patina.
2C4BC355-0F65-46A7-B745-98152290E56E.jpg

Back