General observation about CRK owners

Danny Linguini

Gold Member
I’ll get right to the point: y’all are not brand snobs. Not gonna name names or fingerpoint specific brands (Harley Davidson), but there are certain brands of all types of products whose owners insist are all that and their poop doesn’t stink because they own one. CRKs are just really nice knives, and from what I’ve seen in my relatively short time here, their owners just appreciate that without rubbing it in everybody’s face or putting down everything else not bearing the little CR logo. They’re content - and maybe a little bit proud - in the fact that they’re able to own and use them, and that’s that. It makes me happy to be able to be one more in the crowd.

Last edited:
For the most part CRK owners own/have owned many other brands and types of knives as well. It takes a while to get to the price point for a pocket knife, so you build and climb and when you get here you understand what you have. Now, we are excited to share what we found in CRK to others but chances are we own the knives they do so bashing never enters into it. At this level you know there are many many quality knives. Ours are just the best ;)

Welcome to the club!

For the most part CRK owners own/have owned many other brands and types of knives as well. It takes a while to get to the price point for a pocket knife, so you build and climb and when you get here you understand what you have. Now, we are excited to share what we found in CRK to others but chances are we own the knives they do so bashing never enters into it. At this level you know there are many many quality knives. Ours are just the best ;)

Welcome to the club!
Agreed!

I think most of the CRK owners I have met put their pants on one leg at a time...if they bother to wear pants...(in which case, if they don't, perhaps they shouldn't go commando).

(Scots may be exempted from the admonition regarding going commando.)

☺️

I’ll get right to the point: y’all are not brand snobs. Not gonna name names or fingerpoint specific brands (Harley Davidson), but there are certain brands of all types of products whose owners insist are all that and their poop doesn’t stink because they own one. CRKs are just really nice knives, and from what I’ve seen in my relatively short time here, their owners just appreciate that without rubbing it in everybody’s face or putting down everything else not bearing the little CR logo. They’re content - and maybe a little bit proud - in the fact that they’re able to own and use them, and that’s that. It makes me happy to be able to be one more in the crowd.

Interesting observation and I agree. Like all forums there is the rare troll who ignites some passions, but I agree the folks here rarely take the bait. There is no undercurrent of insecurity that inclines people to bash other brands. In fact, you see appreciation here for other high quality brands.

They are a standard of quality, whether it is for their price point (historically and currently), functionality, longevity, and warranty. When it comes to titanium frame locks, at a certain level, it is probably debatable but slightly further on from that point, a bit more money or less money is probably not gonna get you much more or less in knife. Where that line is drawn and how one gets there, ymmv. I appreciate that even as fan boys go, they dont really see the need to bash others.

Probably because most CRK owners at least that I know didn't start out with CRK they built up to it looking for something better and once they found it they can appreciate all that came before it. I love all my CRK's but I don't carry them as much as other knives because I have so damn many but when I know I need reliable I grab a CRK or Hinderer 😆

Don't see much hobnobbing or grandstanding among CRK owners which is nice but to be honest people who are really dedicated to the knives I don't really see that at all.

Back