General observation about CRK owners

80ants.jpg

CRK knives occupy an interesting niche in my opinion.
CRK knives for the most part are not fancy, they aren't "tactical," and they aren't massively overbuilt.
There are many tougher, prettier, more complicated, "cutting edge" knives out there. If you really appreciate CRK knives that's not what you are finding with them.
What CRK does better than just about anyone is the engineering and tolerances. Few custom knives can touch the tolerances that CRK is able to keep.
They are simple knives that are purpose built for accomplishing tasks.
I find that people who really like CRK knives appreciate the process that has gone into their design and "beautiful utility."

Those types of people tend to also appreciate aspects of other knives and manufacturers. I love my CRK knives and the last one I'd sell is my OP Umnum. With that said I love spyderco for their willingness to experiment with steels and heat treats and designs. I appreciate Emerson for the purpose built mission they started with and the impact they have had on the industry. I have the deepest respect and love for WD Pease and the materials he uses and his amazing level of skill and his constant innovation even in his 70's.

When I got my first CRK back in the early 2000's I was slightly underwhelmed for the money I spent. With that said, the more I carried it the more I appreciated the craftsmanship and design.

I'm sure there are some fanboys here but I find most CRK owners are fairly discriminating individuals.

Back