Generosity from the Great White North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, Vince... Well deserved for all you contribute here.
And well done timberweasel timberweasel That was a very generous gift package.

Very nice gesture timberweasel timberweasel
Enjoy them well Vince.

Will be a good knife to have in your pocket on your upcoming 60th...I’m knocking on that door myself!

Very very awesome!!! Us Canucks can have a big heart. :)
Excellent package timberweasel timberweasel

Prester John Prester John If the Nieto doesnt smell like Juniper, there is a good chance it could be Norwegian birch. Congrats!!

Very generous indeed.

I love this place

Just another example of how this is such an awesome, close-knit group of ladies and gentlemen. What a cool gesture!

Vince awesome gift, timber great generosity.

Congratulations Vince and good on you timberweasel timberweasel . I agree with Glenn. I think that Nieto is birch.

Early birthday presents!! How great is that!!??:D
Congrats Vince, and kudos timberweasel timberweasel !!
The deserving and the generous!! We got it all around here!!:cool:

Wow wow wow. How cool is this?! Generosity is a beautiful thing to witness.

Great to see, congrats to both of you!

Very nice! Congratulations! Very generous of you timberweasel timberweasel !!!

Very nice gifts... well done, timberweasel! Congrats, Vince. Happy birthday, youngster!

Prester John Prester John -Vince, thanks for sharing your good fortune with us. Enjoy it in good health.
timberweasel timberweasel -We have all benefited from your generosity. Thanks!
@waynorth Charlie your eloquence is note worthy, "The deserving and the generous!! We got it all around here!!" Here Here!
Thanks, everyone! It's been a great day: I also bought two new books (a baseball book and a Camus novel), and picked up a four-pack of Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale. And had a wonderful breakfast and dinner with my wife. :)

(…) I have thanked him already in a PM, but just wanted to acknowledge Brett's generosity here too.

It was my absolute pleasure to send some knives to a good home, Vince! And to think the package arrived just before your birthday... don't that just beat all! Happy early birthday, young feller...

And thanks for all the kind words, gang. It is an honour and privilege to contribute to the community here.

-Brett

What a great surprise Vince!:) Very generous of timberweasel timberweasel . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guardians_of_the_lambsfoot.jpg

A great gift from a generous person to a nice person View attachment 1350456
BTW : Happy BDay!

All round quality I say:cool:

You'll like that Chambriard, they slice very keenly:D

Well done timberweasel timberweasel :) Congratulations Vince, three great-looking knives there :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations to you guys :):thumbsup:

Â

What a great surprise Vince!:) Very generous of timberweasel timberweasel . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guardians_of_the_lambsfoot.jpg
Many thanks, guys! (Why do you Europeans post so early in the morning? :D:D:D)

It was my absolute pleasure to send some knives to a good home, Vince! And to think the package arrived just before your birthday... don't that just beat all! Happy early birthday, young feller...

And thanks for all the kind words, gang. It is an honour and privilege to contribute to the community here.

-Brett
Thanks again, Brett, but I need to clarify something: my birthday is not till October. But I plan way ahead, and wanted something special. Was considering another Laguiole, but I have also been admiring the Le Thiers knives posted from time to time, and had pretty much settled on that for my birthday knife. It's a lovely pattern. So it seemed like you were reading my mind somehow. ;) All three knives are special, and I love flashlights too! Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Thanks again, Brett, but I need to clarify something: my birthday is not till October. But I plan way ahead, and wanted something special. Was considering another Laguiole, but I have also been admiring the Le Thiers knives posted from time to time, and had pretty much settled on that for my birthday knife. It's a lovely pattern. So it seemed like you were reading my mind somehow. ;) All three knives are special, and I love flashlights too! Thanks again. :thumbsup:
That's still better than being born on a feb 29th :D I' m also born on october. :thumbsup:

Very nicely done and received. I'm basking in the generous and happy glow :)

Camus' La Peste - The Plague - Vince? Timely and timeless. We still behave the same way. :(
Enjoy ;)

Very nicely done and received. I'm basking in the generous and happy glow :)

Camus' La Peste - The Plague - Vince? Timely and timeless. We still behave the same way. :(
Enjoy ;)
Actually, I read The Plague a few months ago, and have read The Stranger several times (I prefer the old Stuart Gilbert -- or is it Gilbert Stuart? -- translation, not the modern Matthew Ward). But the book I bought is a hardcover edition (with dustcover!) of The Fall, from 1957. Paid about $4.50. Excellent condition. (Camus has nice short titles.)
LZz0RFY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back