Gerber MkII

And to think, all these years I've been believing the story that the 5 degree cant was so that such a long skinny knife would curve around the buttock while attached to a web belt, so as to not stick out and get in the way while doing 'stuff'...

Not nearly as romantic as a kidney strike on the enemy eh? :rolleyes:

Mel

Mantracker,

I recently bought a special edition Mark II, but I believe I paid a little less for it than Russell is selling them for. I got mine from The Gerber Store which I believe is part of the Gerber factory. I'm happy with the commemorative (only bought it for collection and display purposes). It does not have the canted blade, a feature I never was too fond of (also the blade is 154CM on the special edition rather than L6, a steel I do like). Leigh

Jeff Loffer at Cutlery Shoppe has the 25th Anniversary Gerber available for $224 each, or for $208 apiece if you get an order for 3 or more together. Contact at 1-800-231-1272 and tell 'em you saw it on the "Battle Blades" forum:D

I just got Cutlery Shoppe's pamphlet - lots of good stuff. I was wondering, does the Mark II 25th anniversery have the canted blade?

Back