Get me up to speed on terotuf

I love it, it's super comfortable to grip when chopping, even if that chopping includes chopping down trees!

u6Pn20O.jpg

rgGLq0j.jpg

KuqLtgQ.jpg
No disrespect intended.. but that top tree wasn't cut down with a knife, no matter how awesome it is. Glamor shots rock, but that's a bit of misrepresentation I think. Or.. they're all really action shots and my wrists are just sad pandas. I won't discount that possibility.

No disrespect intended.. but that top tree wasn't cut down with a knife, no matter how awesome it is. Glamor shots rock, but that's a bit of misrepresentation I think. Or.. they're all really action shots and my wrists are just sad pandas. I won't discount that possibility.
The first pic is very obviously a glamour shot of a knife on a tree that was cut down by a chainsaw. Sure, you could use a knife to clean up a cut to look like that, but who would do that and why? Honestly, that is so obvious I didn't even think to put a disclaimer, it's just a cool pic that shows off the knife and TT. The next pictures are all action pics, so your comment of misrepresentation of the knife is far off base in my opinion.

If anyone feels like I misrepresented anything in this pic I'm truly sorry for that, but I can assure you, I have cut down many trees of that size with knives (just not the the particular tree in the top pic), and the TT is a great handle material. That being said, grogimus, I think it's more likely that you are just being a bit over sensitive here.

That has been known to happen. It's my artistic disposition. Or bourbon. Or both! All good :D
If you head over to the Busse Combat board, you will find that I'm hosting a camping trip at the end of April; you are more than welcome to attend. If you come we will chop down some trees with large knives, take artsy knife pics, and then drink bourbon! Anyone else on this board is more than welcome to attend as well, it's not just for Busse knife lovers, but all lovers of fine steel!

If you head over to the Busse Combat board, you will find that I'm hosting a camping trip at the end of April; you are more than welcome to attend. If you come we will chop down some trees with large knives, take artsy knife pics, and then drink bourbon! Anyone else on this board is more than welcome to attend as well, it's not just for Busse knife lovers, but all lovers of fine steel!

Hah, so that's where the Busse ladder tree pic came from! I had seen it tossed around a bit, but didn't know it's origin before.

If I were anywhere near the East Coast I'd be there for sure, looks like a great time!

been thinking on hosting a CPK weekend here on Vancouver Island for quite awhile now. Might even get some action on it over the next two years depending on how other things play out

been thinking on hosting a CPK weekend here on Vancouver Island for quite awhile now. Might even get some action on it over the next two years depending on how other things play out
The more notice you're able to give, the more likely I'd be able to make it work. So you should do it, like, tomorrow. :D One of my uncles is a fire and brimstone pastor, he just moved a couple years ago from Vancouver to .. Louisiana I think? (I'm a better uncle than I am a nephew apparently.) He took some amazing pictures from Vancouver Island though. I would love to see that part of the world from the woods.

Hah, so that's where the Busse ladder tree pic came from! I had seen it tossed around a bit, but didn't know it's origin before.

Yep, that's from zmbhntr zmbhntr 's get-together, the tree of knife, ha!! I'm pretty sure there were some CPKs in the mix among the Busses as well as that Keffler. Tens of thousands of dollars of steel there, I'd love to go sometime. Those guys have some sick blades for sure. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep, that's from zmbhntr zmbhntr 's get-together, the tree of knife, ha!! I'm pretty sure there were some CPKs in the mix among the Busses as well as that Keffler. Tens of thousands of dollars of steel there, I'd love to go sometime. Those guys have some sick blades for sure. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's an amazing pic. I'd give that tree a hug if nothing else.

That's an amazing pic. I'd give that tree a hug if nothing else.

My cousin and I did a sad knock-off of it in the picture below while we were at hunting camp this year. But zmbhntrs is totally sick. I've got what I need from the terotuf discussion (thanks everyone for the replies) so we can let this theme run a bit if everyone wants :D

1wsZl5t.jpg

ETA: Hahahaha! This is going to look so sad if the zmbhntr posts the original :oops: :D

The more notice you're able to give, the more likely I'd be able to make it work. So you should do it, like, tomorrow. :D One of my uncles is a fire and brimstone pastor, he just moved a couple years ago from Vancouver to .. Louisiana I think? (I'm a better uncle than I am a nephew apparently.) He took some amazing pictures from Vancouver Island though. I would love to see that part of the world from the woods.

pretty hard to be all fire and brimstone on this beautiful island!
I'll put a thread together soon, start collecting ideas and feedback

My cousin and I did a sad knock-off of it in the picture below while we were at hunting camp this year. But zmbhntrs is totally sick. I've got what I need from the terotuf discussion (thanks everyone for the replies) so we can let this theme run a bit if everyone wants :D

1wsZl5t.jpg

ETA: Hahahaha! This is going to look so sad if the zmbhntr posts the original :oops: :D

Pfft, that's awesome! What's the Kephart looking blade 2nd/3rd from the left? A JK? And is number 5 from the left a Rodent Solution? If it were just thinner that would be a helluva deer knife.

I'd have to bring a bike and stay for a week, just sayin.......

1wsZl5t.jpg

That pic isn't sad at all, it's a great pic with some great knives! I just started using my Dog Soldier last weekend and I'm a big fan so far.

Since you requested the original though, here you go ;)
5D648EEC-4B27-4F8C-B062-95C5129AF0C4_zpsr5o5y6rg.jpg

That pic isn't sad at all, it's a great pic with some great knives! I just started using my Dog Soldier last weekend and I'm a big fan so far.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I really like the DS6. My cousin about packed mine off, so I helped him get one rounded up too. Great all-arounder.

LfINCUr.jpg

XsgkwWb.jpg

Pfft, that's awesome! What's the Kephart looking blade 2nd/3rd from the left? A JK? And is number 5 from the left a Rodent Solution? If it were just thinner that would be a helluva deer knife.

Thanks Grog. I picked that kephart up here on the forum from maker redsquid2. It has natural mesquite scales and the steel is aeb-l ran to 61rc. It's been very handy.

wP4Pptq.jpg

h3XTN57.jpg

Number five from the left is a TRC XS Splinter. It doesn't get much press, but that son of a gun is a great knife IMO. Small, but convenient, and slicier than heck. That one is in Boehler N690 that I had never tried before that model. I liked it enough I picked up a second.

KyU27HH.jpg

8v6F0VQ.jpg

Since you mentioned the rodent solution, here is a modified rodent trail (it's also in the pic above). I had it ground into a drop point like the RS, but it's got a bit more blade length and comes in at .170 rather than the .190 like the RS. And you're right, it's a great deer knife.

xn05Qoc.jpg

Since you requested the original though, here you go ;)
5D648EEC-4B27-4F8C-B062-95C5129AF0C4_zpsr5o5y6rg.jpg
Daaaaaaaaaang...

Stairway to Knife Heaven?

Switched from standard either G10 or Micarta on my LC to tero tuff. i would say chopping improved by 30% as I am able to put much more force into the movement as opposed to the grip.

This is my first experience with Teri Tuff but it acts like a burlap micarta I made.
both have tons of grip dry and wet.

In the LC combined with Ti fasteners and aluminum standoff’s it moved the balance forward more into the blade which I prefer.

if I were someone who had all the CPKs I would for sure have all the choppers in tuff.
JP

I have the HDFK from last week in OD Green with black liners in micarta, unbuffed, if any of you guys decide you don't like the Terotuff and want to make a trade. Brand new and unused.

Last edited:
Back