Getting close to the weekend! Random knife pics...

Wooooooow.....
:D

OK, I gotta ask . . . . I have seen chef's knives, I have seen kitchen knives with names that sounds like the CDC should be involved, I have seen knives that could cut down small groves of oak trees, I have seen knives that fit into wallets, etc. etc. . . . . . and, by the way, all pretty daym cool looking I might add.
But I have yet to see what every woman wants in her kitchen, & if Sally T has ask me once she has ask 20 times . . . . . . . . . . .
"Billy, if you friend in Colorado can make all those gorgeous knives for the kitchen you show me (insert drumroll), "Why hasn't he made a matching set of steak knives" ??? :confused:
OK, I ask, now I can watch football in peace . . . . :D
Be safe.

There is football on! :D seaches net.. curses lack of TV signal! lol!!!

Oh yes, knives...

Sounds cool! I made a paring knife (the one I told you about... flooring sample scales!) that is the best steak knife I have ever used.

The Backpackers are steak machines, I really want to do another Ti knife that is a steak knife/super ultra lightweight Backpacker.

I have some really nice steel coming in, AEB-L stainless, originally developed for straight razors but awesome in the kitchen, easy to sharpen and doesn't like to chip. It's thin and steak knives sound cool!

AEB-L info...

"AEB-L This stainless grade – “the edge steel” – was originally developed for the production of razor blades but is also used for scalpel blades and knives. Like UHB Stainless 716 and 731 AEB-L has 13% chromium. The right choice for high sharpness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance."

aeb-l info...
"aeb-l this stainless grade – “the edge steel” – was originally developed for the production of razor blades but is also used for scalpel blades and knives. Like uhb stainless 716 and 731 aeb-l has 13% chromium.
The right choice for "high sharpness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance."

. . . this would due well with Sally T's cooking . . . . :D :D :D

Be safe.

aeb-l info...
"aeb-l this stainless grade – “the edge steel” – was originally developed for the production of razor blades but is also used for scalpel blades and knives. Like uhb stainless 716 and 731 aeb-l has 13% chromium.
The right choice for "high sharpness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance."

Be safe.

What are you tryin' to say J1M? That Sally T's cooking will wear out regular knife steel? I bet you don't tell her that.

You just had to show that trailing point again, didn't ya! That's just plain beautimous!

Sally T's cooking can't be any worse then my wife's. Before I came along, she thought mac n'cheese was supposed to be crispy. The first time she made her "infamous" lasagna, the pasta was about the consistency of rawhide. Burnt. We still laugh about it after twenty some years. Good thing I was a chef in a previous career, or our kids would have starved and that's in her words. Ahhh....love, marriage, and food!:applouse:

I like me some AEB-L.. I have several knives from different makers in AEB-L and they preform great. I have a small fixed in AEB-L that I'm putting through the ringer... thing strops to ultra sharp every time...

and knives. :D
And friends! ^

. . . . amen . . . . :)
The one saving grace I had when Sally T and I got married was I had been single for 12 years . . . she had been single for 18 years . . . so I had the cooking / ironing / sweeper / washing / windows thing down pretty good. She told me she would have married me even if I wasn't so daym good looking & rich . . . wouldn't have to waste time training me . . . . :D :D
And, on a plus side, she enjoys the outdoors, knives, fishing, & guns even more than I do . . . . :thumbup:
Wow, talk about derailing a thread from "Week-end & Knife Pics" . . . . Sorry Daniel, my humble apologies . . . :eek:
Be safe.

Knife ho, right there. ^ :D
Guys, I must admit... I have been an AH husband for a few years. I have me a wonderful Woman.

Hey guys! just in from a serious day in the shop!

Two tone! the glue-up area on the scales has been blasted for maximum adhesion

aeb-l info...

Be safe.

:D I think it will be my stainless of choice for kitchen knives... good stuff!

What are you tryin' to say J1M? That Sally T's cooking will wear out regular knife steel? I bet you don't tell her that.

lol!!! I might need to go with 5160!

You just had to show that trailing point again, didn't ya! That's just plain beautimous!

Sally T's cooking can't be any worse then my wife's. Before I came along, she thought mac n'cheese was supposed to be crispy. The first time she made her "infamous" lasagna, the pasta was about the consistency of rawhide. Burnt. We still laugh about it after twenty some years. Good thing I was a chef in a previous career, or our kids would have starved and that's in her words. Ahhh....love, marriage, and food!:applouse:

:D That is too funny! I had to read that one to Sara along with the one before, we got a good laugh! D

...and knives. :D

^ That too!

And friends! ^
Yes! :D the only reason

I like me some AEB-L.. I have several knives from different makers in AEB-L and they preform great. I have a small fixed in AEB-L that I'm putting through the ringer... thing strops to ultra sharp every time...

I have been reading a ton as usual and it seems to be the go-to stainless for the kitchen. 52100 for high carbon. I'll be using a sub-zero quench for maxmum goodness. The reason AEB-L is so good is that it takes a very sharp and thin edge with no chipping.

. . . . amen . . . . :)
The one saving grace I had when Sally T and I got married was I had been single for 12 years . . . she had been single for 18 years . . . so I had the cooking / ironing / sweeper / washing / windows thing down pretty good. She told me she would have married me even if I wasn't so daym good looking & rich . . . wouldn't have to waste time training me . . . . :D :D
And, on a plus side, she enjoys the outdoors, knives, fishing, & guns even more than I do . . . . :thumbup:
Wow, talk about derailing a thread from "Week-end & Knife Pics" . . . . Sorry Daniel, my humble apologies . . . :eek:
Be safe.

:D That is a good derailment!

I cooked professionally for about 10 years but besides my look and money am about worthless. :D lucky I guess!

Dang Daniel, take a bow ! I am in love with that knife!
Thanks! I just glued the trailing point up. Sunburst micarta/g10...yep like an old guitar! just wait

Knife ho, right there. ^ :D
Guys, I must admit... I have been an AH husband for a few years. I have me a wonderful Woman.
Good stuff! :D

Thank Daniel!
Some guys call me a house-bitch. Rolf dunt care. :D
And on the 7th Day... rest yoazz, Daniel!!

Whoaa that box o folders is making me drool! If only I had money, I would be so eager to snap one of those up!

Back