• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ghostrider Fobs and Lanyards

Thanks TKC,
Here’s a few more.

16. Monkey’s Fist with a marble center of royal blue 550, and Sterling Minor Cord twisted whipping. Inner strands not removed.
Sold.

Edited To Add (3-02-06):Here are a couple pics of a job I recently did as a special request for some people. It has a 1-inch, stainless steel ball bearing, a four-inch stem, and a loop that is 2 ½-3 inches. The strands are left in for strength. I have one ball bearing left, and am making it available to others in this configuration in the choice of colors mentioned in the first post of this thread. Cost for this one will be $30 USD plus shipping.

Desert camo 550, Square Sinnet.
SquareSmall.jpg

Square Sinnet in black, and blue:

Round Sinnet in neon (toxic) green, and black:

Here’s more.

27. FAF. Wellington Sportsman’s cord, multi-colored. Sold.

31. FAF. Wellington blaze orange with orange/black whipping. Sold.

3-12-06:
I have three Fully Adjustable Fobs (FAF) for sale. Black, Tan, and Navy Blue. The Black, and the Tan fobs have a whipping that is purple and gold. The Navy Blue fob has a whipping that is Dark Blue and Gold. The Blue, and the Tan fobs weigh just under an ounce, while the Black fob weighs just over an ounce. They all have a 5/8”, steel, ball bearing inside. $8 shipped INCONUS (international orders are welcome, just adjusted pricing for different shipping costs). Shipping includes First Class Mail, USPS with Signature Confirmation.

I am willing to work with you if you have a special request. My use of ball bearings is a result of special requests.

Some people may desire that I not use Signature Confirmation as it requires them to sign for the package. I am willing to work with you on this also, but it may involve you assuming responsibility for any loss or damage during delivery.

Here are some thumbnails of individual shots:
Black/Purple/Gold. Sold.

Tan/Purple/Gold.Sold.

Navy/Dark Blue/Gold. Sold.

You know what would be cool....if you could make one of those lanyards with the Monkey fist tied around a 68 cal lead ball.

That way its a lanyard and skull knocker all at once.

bigjim said:
You know what would be cool....if you could make one of those lanyards with the Monkey fist tied around a 68 cal lead ball.

That way its a lanyard and skull knocker all at once.
A ball bearing would probably be better, I'd imagine. I would think the lead might wear of on the cord and dirty it. I've recently seen a pic of someone who did it with a 1-inch steel ball bearing. tied it to a Surefire.

Some items have been removed because I no longer have them. However, I am willing to do special orders.

TBH, I don't know of a source for them, but would be willing to give it a try.

How big are we talking here?

I'm thinking it would be up to your discretion. Preferably at least a one inch diameter ball bearing. Around there would be nice. Nothing smaller...I would defintely be onboard with ordering one though if that can happen.

I imagine it would either take quite a bit more cord, or thicker cord.

Two questions:
  1. Would you rather use 550, or something thicker?
  2. Do you have any idea where to get the ball?

I would like 550, but if its not viable, thicker cord would be ok.

And as to where to get the ball, I imagine a hardware store...a walmart or someplace like that would have ball bearings.

Hey Ghostryder...... If you make one for steven go ahead and make two cuz I will take one.

Thanks!

Bigjim

Back