Gigantic titanium alloy Minotaur axe

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This poleaxe is an unusual project, in that it's a "weldment," pieces welded together into one solid metal object. In this case made from 5 pieces, and composed of 5 different titanium alloys.

The axe is just over 6 feet long, nearly 2 feet wide, and weight just a smidge over 10 pounds. Hell of a wall-smasher, with unstoppable power. It's a bit barbarian in aesthetic, but is fully-functional and virtually indestructible.

This axe was deceptively difficult to make considering its simplicity, and I greatly underestimated how hard it would be to put it together. For just one example, each of the blades has a length of about 15 inches, and is double-bevel, for a total of 60 inches of convex edge grind, on a curved blade mind you, not a straight blade. In a really tough titanium alloy. And that was just the beginning. After all the madness of making it, in the end I have to admit it's a pretty awesome thing to hold, and sight to behold.

aCUTsCW.jpg

opAnAKC.jpg

FvdYsfe.jpg

quI5rTW.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Legendary.
That would be an amazing piece to own.

Some engraving would put that over the top.

WOW!!!!

*And remember, it's ten pounds?
Yikes..... What would it have been if steel.....20?
😵

hat's off to you sir! That's quite a piece

Looks like you shipped a street sign. 😄

The lady at the UPS store said, "That's obviously a sign." I told her it was a battle axe, and she smirked like I was joking. Nevertheless, the contents list says "Battle axe."

Just curious, about what did it cost to ship such a beast?

$250, plus $25 for insurance, for a grand total of $275.01

can't really package that badboy poorly as in protecting it.....nothing's gonna harm it.😉

Id be more worried for the packages that it might fall on during shipment.

The lady at the UPS store said, "That's obviously a sign." I told her it was a battle axe, and she smirked like I was joking. Nevertheless, the contents list says "Battle axe."

$250, plus $25 for insurance, for a grand total of $275.01
Awesome, makes those Emerson shipping rates sound downright reasonable!

Back