Glennbad is a baaaad man

Found a before smart phone picture - conditions bright cloudy:
20ftjma.jpg

and after the trip to Doctor Glenn - conditions dark cloudy and just before rain began:
2j2w3m8.jpg

Found a before smart phone picture - conditions bright cloudy:
20ftjma.jpg

and after the trip to Doctor Glenn - conditions dark cloudy and just before rain began:
2j2w3m8.jpg

Glenn does a great job!

Primble, that is not the same knife though.

Glenn does a great job!

Primble, that is not the same knife though.

I was not going to say anything about Glenn switching my knife out for another, but, you can't hide from the truth. I actually like the new one better. :D

Mark- seriously it is the same knife - it just looks different in the dark cloudy conditions and the different color spaces of the two cameras and lens coatings. ;)

Besides - I scratch "Primble" in the Pile side covers of all my knives. :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

I can't tell you if Primble is playing switch-a-roo games or not, but he indeed sent me that knife. And you guys are too kind. Sadly though, I do not always get them right, some knives just don't want to be messed with, and let me know it too. I have had some bumps in the road, but I always attempt to make it right, cause the failures bother me quite a bit. I guess that's how we grow, though.

However, this knife was a pretty good success. Primble sent it to me, and I was almost terrified to touch it, it was so pretty. It was great except for the pins and the opening. I carefully took apart only what need to be worked on, did some magic, and ended up with a decent out come. See the before and after(but before final finishing) pics.

Primble, you are too kind, but thanks for trusting me with your babies.

This one is a standard TL-29 mod. You guys are probably getting tired of seeing these, LOL.

Nothing fancy...NS lower bolsters, reprofiled screwdriver blade, ebony with shield.

Darn! That right there is nice

Last edited:
I can't tell you if Primble is playing switch-a-roo games or not, but he indeed sent me that knife.

However, this knife was a pretty good success. Primble sent it to me, and I was almost terrified to touch it, it was so pretty. It was great except for the pins and the opening. I carefully took apart only what need to be worked on, did some magic, and ended up with a decent out come.

Primble, you are too kind, but thanks for trusting me with your babies.

Really neat - the before and after pictures Glenn.

Yes - I trusted and was rewarded - that knife now sits proudly among a larger group of red bone Case knives.

I used to keep it in a separate place from them, so that should tell you how things have changed. ;):):thumbup::thumbup:

I promise I did not play any switch-a-roo games. Just look closely at the top row on the jigging (in each picture) and that will confirm that the two pictures are of the same knife - just taken under much different lighting conditions and at different angles. ;):)

I got a very nice laugh out of the "almost terrified to touch it" comment. What was that you told me about taking knives apart??!! :eek::D:D

I know exactly how you might have felt, after receiving that old Dogleg Jack Cattaraugus knife that Stephen sent me to be Primbleized. That was just cosmetic work and nothing taken apart. I was very used to rubbing around on my OWN old knives, but, that adventure was completely different - it was working on a friend's prized old knife!!

I felt extreme PRESSURE to get everything right - something I had never felt working on an old knife!! :eek::eek::eek:

That knife I sent you has some unique colored red bone and it is fitted really tight to the bolsters.

If I knew what you did about knife assembly, I would have probably still been shaking in my boots as I took that one apart - anticipating the sound of bone cracking. :eek::eek::D:barf:

You did a wonderful job and thank you - whats up next ??

Maybe the old Western Boulder re-handle ?? :confused::confused:;);):D

Not sure, I still got 2-3 to choose from. Guess I'll flip a three-headed coin, LOL

More from the badd Glenn man arrived today - yea - he's badd!!! :
GlennbaddRDS1_zps79932fd3.jpg~original

GlennbaddRDS2_zpsc816e65c.jpg~original

GlennbaddRDS3_zpsc4456187.jpg~original

I sent Glenn an old cheap Imperial Delrin Barlow and a Delrin Western Boulder and asked him to re-cover them and fix them up for me. He re-covered the Western Boulder in ebony and the Barlow with some awesome bone he had laying around. He then added some solid nickel silver bolsters and I heard a whimper from him, just before Christmas. He wanted to know if I liked threaded bolsters. I replied that I love threaded bolsters.

He suggested that I Primbleize the blades on the Imperial in his return letter. I did not need to read that twice and commenced to rubbing on the blades for a bit, adding some vinegar to the mix, then a little more rubbing.

I am very pleased with this pair, as I was very pleased by the other work Glenn performed for me. He is da man. ;):)

More from the badd Glenn man arrived today - yea - he's badd!!! :

I sent Glenn an old cheap Imperial Delrin Barlow and a Delrin Western Boulder and asked him to re-cover them and fix them up for me. He re-covered the Western Boulder in ebony and the Barlow with some awesome bone he had laying around. He then added some solid nickel silver bolsters and I heard a whimper from him, just before Christmas. He wanted to know if I liked threaded bolsters. I replied that I love threaded bolsters.

He suggested that I Primbleize the blades on the Imperial in his return letter. I did not need to read that twice and commenced to rubbing on the blades for a bit, adding some vinegar to the mix, then a little more rubbing.

I am very pleased with this pair, as I was very pleased by the other work Glenn performed for me. He is da man. ;):)

WOW, the jigging on that Barlow is stunning! :thumbup:

After I stopped hyperventilating, I had to edit my post to say the bolsters are perfectly paired with the covers! Just outstanding workmanship on both knifes.

Curtis

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I used to not even consider modding shell handle knives, but I'm glad I started. They are a little more work, but they do open up possibilities.

Glenn

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I used to not even consider modding shell handle knives, but I'm glad I started. They are a little more work, but they do open up possibilities.

Glenn

The old Imperial Barlow that I sent Glenn was pretty close to identical to the same shell knife on page one of this thread and light as a feather. The modded knife with the solid bolsters and bone is very sturdy and has a high quality, weighty feel to it, as well. :thumbup::thumbup:;)

Glenn - a question was asked of me elsewhere - did you jig the bone or obtain it that way? :confused::eek::)

Yeah, someone else just asked me that. No, I am not that awesome, LOL. I picked up that bone in a package deal some time back, I have no idea where it came from originally. I wish I had a large supply of it, alas I only have a few sets left.

WOW......great work Glenn!

This makes me want to search some flea markets for old knives to send off for updates.

Awesome work!

Back