Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

The K2 is the biggest knife I regularly carry. It even makes the Military and Police4 look small.

mXtDrG5.jpg

KWqMXUY.jpg

8nvBRWI.jpg

EnIwNos.jpg
That one is definitely a Beast, bfk. I was wondering how long it would take a K2 to show up. I should have taken the "under" on that.

Love my Police 4. It's a big ass folder that carries smaller than it is. I've owned a lot of large folders, Viper Rhino, Cold Steel Spartan and Rajah 2, and The large Fox Col Moschin to name a few, but the Police is the only one that I'm always a bit surprised by how big it actually is when I pull it out and open it.

My only large folder is this older Cold Steel XL Voyager Vaquero, pictured above my EDC, a full-size Emerson CQC-7V. The XL is a surprisingly light knife for its size, and it's incredibly comfortable in-hand, too; I quite like it. If Seattle didn't have a 3.5" blade length limit, I'd love to test drive something like a Cold Steel 4MAX or Recon 1, or maybe a ZT0920.

slOQl2q.jpg

Your Police 4, abbazaba abbazaba , and SpySmasher SpySmasher 's, were the inspiration for my knife which in turn inspired this thread. I gave mine a full day's carry on the job today and am really digging it. I like a knife with plenty of handle as my old carpenter's mitts are pretty crippled up and this one fits me just great but is really super-slim in pocket. The blade stock is considerably thinner than my Millies (also favorites) and the FFG K390 is wicked slices. Also really liking the way the backlock operates as the blade just free-falls on release.

9GktnMg.jpg

d7Saz9I.jpg

Last edited:
Crusader Forge Streetfighter, about 0.75" thick from scale to scale of pure GR38 titanium. Phantom finish S30-V blade (from the heat treat). Knife can be used as a knife, hammer, or boat anchor. This one is actually for sale on the site along with another version.

_CF-SF-6_Crusader_Forge_Streetfighter_Ti_Folder_-_Additional_View_1.jpg

My rekat sifu and xl espada along with my bigger cold steel folders are my largest. I edc 3.75 to 4 inch folders. I find little use in anything smaller than my large gel 21 sebenza. Why not have more?

I'll only post pics of knives that haven't been posted here with pics. I own some other big folders (CS Recon 1; Spydierco K2, Millie and Police; ZT 0452CF).

I'll start with my Spyderco Calypso (the recent sprint run), a long, slim mid lock. The original gave birth to the smaller Caly range and probably didn't survive because it had so much internal competetion.

IMG_20171002_205931.jpg

Last edited:
This is my Manly 003 Laguiole-style lock back from Bulgaria and the William Henry clip sheath it lives in. Rather than an exposed lock bar, it uses a really neat lever to actuate. I add a -- GASP -- aftermarket thumb stud because #&%$ you, traditional-only nerd.

IMG_20171002_205649.jpg

Back