Good Kydex for K-BK-2

Want to get a top quality, Tek Lok, Kydex Sheath for my new Kabar BK-2. The Kabar supplied sheath, though seviceable, is really flimsy, cheap, and way to tight on The blade. I also prefer not to have to send the knife in. Anybody know a good Kydex man with a BK-2 on hand for a pattern?
If any of you have any example Pics , I'd love to see some. Many thanks.

www.onscenetactical.com, run by a member of bladeforums (Normark). He has a great reputation here and does top notch work. I have one of his sheaths for my Companion, it is very heavy duty and really suits the knife. You will not have to send in your knife.

Bill

You can't go wrong with Normark. I've gotten several of his sheaths, always top quality and reasonable!

I have a Normark sheath, holds the blade just perfect and is the best kydex sheath I have ever seen.

Excellent Thom! I've never seen a Shun in kydex, let us know how it turns out! ;)

My Shuns are in a large, wooden block. I can't imagine the amount of concealex or kydex needed to keep that on my belt - or how thick of a belt I'll need.

Good thing I checked with a professional.

I have 3 Onscene Tactical kydex sheaths. Ranger RD-4, Ranger RD-7 and Strider Buck 888 Solution. All three are solid, great fits. My Strider-Buck needed to be tweaked a bit for perfect fit, but that was in no way Eric's fault. I got the sheath 2nd hand and it turned out that it was for a later model knife. Eric worked with me to get it perfect, even though I didn't get it from him directly. Obviously, I like his work and customer service. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cutterman,
Have you received your sheath. Love to hear comments as I just emailed onscenetactical for a bk2 sheath.

Mine's still on its way. Apparently, Canada is somehow a distinct and sovreign nation from the USA. Sort of like Texas, only without the self-conscious bragging about their chili. ;)

Normark makes some fantastic Kydex sheathes. Great product and service.

Will post pics tonight, but wanted to say the Normark sheath I got for my BK-9 was nothing short of awesome. He even included two BK-13 sheaths as well! One standalone and one that piggybacks the BK-9.

It's tonight enough:

normark01.jpg

normark02.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Eric's work is indeed great. I want to try some piggyback sheaths from him, but need to decide which knives to piggyback, then get him to agree! :D

I have a couple of sheaths from him for some Howling Rats with a ferro rod holder, I can't tell you how handy that has been...

Back