Good to See You Here!

You ain't kiddin' :) I'm thinking the same idea would work with crescent rolls and a slice of roast beast or ham... maybe a slice of provolone or cheddar as well... mmmmmmm.

Yeah but I find it crazy that bacon is close to $7.00 a lb here. I mean WTF

That's a shame :( It's not nearly that bad here. Ang found a six-pound package of nice thick-cut bacon for $14 a week or two ago... but that requires some shopping around. It's not Benton's, but it's pretty dang good. Way better than Oscar Meyer or Corn King :barf:

We're in negotiations with a couple local farmers to buy a half or whole pig all at once, including butchering and curing. That's a substantial investment up front, but if we can split it with a friend or two, it works out less than the usual store-bought stuff, price-wise... and it's lean, organic "non-pumped-full-of-steroids-and-antibiotics-and-poison" pig, too. :thumbup:

killer price on that bacon - that's cheaper than i can find "ends & pieces" for around here.
I like the idea of a meat & cheese stuffed crescent roll!

I gave Angie her B-day present this morning.

1479481_10152676204382366_517668758_n.jpg

Special thanks to Ethan for autographing it at the Fall Gathering :)

1470010_10152676227647366_919970891_n.jpg

Happy birthday Angie!!!

Thank you all for the kind-hearted Birthday wishes for Miss Angie :) We both appreciate your support and friendship!

In other news... because, metal.

[video=youtube;ayoZmWgxJlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayoZmWgxJlU[/video]

In future I will start a THK music thread, if popular opinion dictates and it generates interest. I will encourage stuff (metal, country, R'n'R, jazz, classical) that's not heard every-freaking-where else :thumbup:

Last edited:
Man O'War?
Bang Tango?

I'm cool with that :thumbup:

In other news, Miss Angie's first attempt at homemade hard apple cider is frankly pretty stunning. Keep your grapes peeled for the upcoming THK Recipe Thread.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today I will be using the chef knife that James made for my wife and I. It is easily our most used and loved knife. I know it was a little out of the norm for him, but he really knocked it out the the park. Guys, you will be hard pressed to find a better, more affordable maker using the best steels than James. And he's a decent, regular hard working Joe. What's not to like?

Oh, and miss Angie is no slouch with the sheaths either!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope all are safe and have fantastic food filled festivities!

Today I will be using the chef knife that James made for my wife and I. It is easily our most used and loved knife.

Thank you! I'm pleased you like it and honored to be a small part of your holiday :)

I know it was a little out of the norm for him, but he really knocked it out the the park.

It was fun! I will be making many, many more kitchen knives in the future. In fact there's another custom in Elmax and what I hope will become a standard model in CPM-154 off at the magical HT palace as we speak... :thumbup:

A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Enjoy and be safe and sane. OK, be safe :p

It was fun! I will be making many, many more kitchen knives in the future. In fact there's another custom in Elmax and what I hope will become a standard model in CPM-154 off at the magical HT palace as we speak... :thumbup:

A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Enjoy and be safe and sane. OK, be safe :p

Just out of idle curiosity, how long does it usually take them to HT a batch of blades for you?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Usually about 3 weeks from the time I ship 'em out til I get 'em back.

Idle curiosity... uh-huh :D

Back