Got a Survive GSO Limited

This is cool and one heck of a feat but Don't let it distract you from the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 City Championship game vs. Andrew Johnson High School, including the game winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire' Dixon

Now That’s funny

Here is the deal- for the money and quality they are hard to beat. My 5.1 was beautiful- too nice I would have never used it. Are they worth the wait ? Yes and no. If I know there was a 2 year wait , then yes/maybe. Are they worth the wait when you see a status update that “blades are getting ready to be sent to the water jet “ for 3-6 months. Then no.

Having owned a 4.7, I would say that it was an ok knife for the price direct from Survive?LOL! but in no way is it a real standout knife in any real area. I mean, that same recipe (pick any of the steels they build in) can be had from so many actual quality makers that it makes it a no-brainer that waiting for this knife would be an absolute "no thanks" for anything beyond, let's say 3 months and that's being generous. Guybag isn't some sharpening savant, and he doesn't even make the knives himself, so what are we left with? I get it, people wanted to support a little guy who was putting out a decent knife, but the absolute "OMG THIS IS THE BEST" that sprung up around these was flat out ridiculous. But then, I admit that I'm speaking from the point of having plenty of other awesome knives I've held, used, and beaten on out in the woods. S?!LMAO! knives are nothing special, and that's a fact.

I've looked at them on the secondary market and been tempted. I like the looks of the smaller models, and all I've read on them says they are good knives. Never could pull the trigger though due to the bad rep of the company. Bought a knife from Dan Koster in his early/reputable) days and it's a very well made knife. Placed an order for another and it just dragged on an on. Then I watched his reputation go down in flames. Now the knife sits in my gunsafe unused.

Hard to enjoy the pride in ownership of a knife when there are negative associations with it.

Shocked to find a package at the Post Office-my GSO 4 Limited...just opened for a cursory look...seems like a very nice piece of work with Peters HT.
Pictures? I don't doubt you got one. I like their knives and would like to see a picture.

Last edited:
Enjoy the blade and pics please.

Have they soured their name , sure. Are their designs and blades nice ? to me , yup. Did is sell mine ,yup. Is Delta 3v good. Yuuuupp

A couple for sale on that certain auction site, so some size of batch went out, apparently.

Love me a good Survive thread. If you like the knives, you're a shill fanboy If you don't like waiting years for a knife and think the company is less than honest/upfront, you should have canceled. Good times.

Love me a good Survive thread. If you like the knives, you're a shill fanboy If you don't like waiting years for a knife and think the company is less than honest/upfront, you should have canceled. Good times.

Some people think a poor business model don't be like it is...but it do.

Back