Got any customized Schrades?

Got some back from the Muskrat Man today. Here is an SCC Half Congress he put stag handles on. When I got it, the pile side bone handle was missing and the metal was all looking rough.
Before:
Knives1544.jpg

After:
Knives3084.jpg

The second knife in the "Before" pic is a John Primble Belknap Jack that was also missing the pile side handle. Here it is now with black bone handles:
Knives3079.jpg

An 881 that was in almost new condition except the ivory colored delrin handles were severely faded and scuffed. He added green jigged bone and some filework.
Knives3095.jpg

Knives3099.jpg

:thumbup:very very nice muskratman!! dave i bet those get to sit in the first row:thumbup:;)

Again some nice work by MM! the black bone jack almost has that Ebony look about it, very nice indeed.

Russell

Just want to Compliment MM, Dale, Gary M and the others here on the forum, for the great talent each has displayed . I have observed that the talent continues to be perfected! Congratulations on the hard work which shows and speaks for itself!

Got these beauties back from Dale today. All works of art!

S-W 225H, desert ironwood handles, threaded bolsters, fileworked backsprings.
new129.jpg

LB3, some beautiful stag, threaded bolsters, fileworked.
new137.jpg

SC524 with some absolutely GORGEOUS curly Koa wood from Hawaii.
new143.jpg

Dale's done some nice work on all three of the knives shown above. good looking work Dale.

I'm sure your real pleased with the way they turned out Dave!

Russell

Here is a couple of 175 budding knives I re-handled. One of them I completely re-designed the bolsters,made a new back spring, liners. I only used the blade for the one. I have another that was done in elephant Ivory, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures when I gave it to my brother in-law. Hope you like.

Todd

Attachments

• Todds Knives 008.jpg
    Todds Knives 008.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Todds Knives 018.jpg
    Todds Knives 018.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Dads custom Slipjoint 011.jpg
    Dads custom Slipjoint 011.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 30
  • Todds Knives 001.jpg
    Todds Knives 001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Todds Knives 003.jpg
    Todds Knives 003.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 19
Here's a Craftsman 95224 (maybe Camillus?) that was cleaned up and rehandled by Herman Williams

BEFORE

43720101010craftsman952.jpg
[/URL]

AFTER

43720101010craftsman952.jpg

How about a 75th Anniversary completely worked and rehandled by Herman Williams in 2010.

Nice pattern of turnings on the back of the blade
58020101231schrade27575.jpg

File worked backspring and jimped liners and bolsters

File work on the INSIDE of the backspring

File work on the spine of the blade

That handsome Sambar Stag!!

Howie,
That 75th Ann is AWESOME! Herman does some FINE work. Thanks for sharing!

Dave

PS -that 175 posted above yours is sweet looking too!

Vice o33 -- Very handsome custom knives.
Can you please provide more info on their components and the Schrade model(s) they're based on? Thanks!!

DaveThinks and DaveT -- Yup Herman's got the skillz, there's no surface unturned on that 75th Anniv - I've got some more to put up - want to get a little better with the pics first.

Come On, Vice o33 - Let's hear more about them specials, please?

Howie

Good evening,

Think those started life as one of these ...
sq.jpg

Of which I am a big fan. In any event, UBER SWEET - I want one!

Regards.

Thanks for the kind words, WVEAH you hit it on the head, they are USA made SQ’s
I did some light reprofileing on the blades on both knives. The top one if I remember correctly is Zebra wood and bull horn with some gold chain inlay and hand rubbed blade. The second I can’t remember what the timber was for the balsters the rest is just ivory micata with a couple of coats of acrylic resin rubbed back and buffed.

Vice o33,
Nice retrofit on the SQ's. Hell of a polishing job on that lower knife with the ivory handle. I carried a SQ as a EDC for a few years. Good knife.
Thanks for showing.
Larry

This was a Sample Gold Etched "Ruger" PH1 Blade from the Schrade USA Factory Sale.( Dagger Dan ) Chrisman from Bonner Springs, Kansas finished the knife with the Soldiered Single Brass Finger Guard and Mammoth Tooth Slabs as well as the Loveless Birdseye rivets.

Attachments

• MToothPH1 004.jpg
    MToothPH1 004.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 53
  • MToothPH1 005.jpg
    MToothPH1 005.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 49
Good enough to eat Cobber....beautiful custom work on one of Schrades <Loveless> best designs.....that sheath compliments it well.......Hoo Roo

Back